26: Noctividus

๋࣭࣪☾⭑

I woke up by the sound of the ceiling fan. Sharp pains shot through my body and my head was throbbing in pain. As I blinked open my eyes, the clean ceiling and white walls made me realize that I was in a hospital. I glanced around, then I saw two people sitting beside me.

"Arrow," I said softly.

Mabilis siyang napalingon sa'kin at ganoon rin si Tita Meryl na nakaupo sa kanyang tabi.

"Seven," he said and went near me. "Are you okay? Anong nararamdaman mo?"

I wanted to tell them that I was in pain, but my head was more focused in figuring out how I ended up in the hospital.

"Anong nangyari?" tanong ko at dahan-dahan na bumangon. Inalalayan naman ako ni Arrow.

"Hindi mo ba maalala kung anong nangyari sa'yo?" tanong ni Tita Meryl.

I pressed my head, trying to recall everything. My head raced as I tried to piece together some memories that led me to the hospital. Mabilis akong napahawak sa aking bibig kasabay ng pagtulo ng aking luha.

"Why? Seven?" asked Arrow. "What's wrong?"

I slowly looked him in the eye, thinking the horrifying memories I had with a group of people. My stomach twisted as I recalled their cruel laughters and their rough hands holding me down no matter how hard I fought.

"No! No! No!" I said, remembering the pain and humiliation of what those monsters did to me. I turned my head on the other side as the tears stung my eyes.

"Bakit, Seven? Anong nangyari?" nagaalalang tanong ni Arrow. Hinawakan niya ako sa aking braso, ngunit pilit kong inilayo ang aking sarili sa kanya.

I took a shaky breath, pulling the thin hospital sheets tighter around myself. I embraced myself, shaking in fear. "They did it... They... They...."

I couldn't continue my words because the images of shamefull memory was hitting my head. Napakabigat ng nararamdaman ko na tila ba gusto kong magpalamon sa kamang inuupuan ko.

Arrow exchanged a worried face with Tita Meryl, and without so much explanation, I knew they understood what I was trying to say. Hindi na nagdalawang isip pa si Arrow na yakapin ako ng mahigpit.

There was a mixture of different feelings that were fighting within me. Pagkalito sa nangyari, pandidiri sa sarili, takot na dumikit sa ibang tao, at kagustuhan na damhin ang yakap ni Arrow upang pagaanin ang aking loob ko. I wanted to push Arrow away, but there's also something little inside me that needed his warm embrace.

"Don't worry, I'm here now. No one is going to hurt you." Arrow's voice broke a little. He was brushing his palm to my head, trying to make me feel his comfort.

I heard Tita Meryl was sobbing, helplessly standing there like a mother who felt pity and shame for her own son.

I continued crying, because that's the only thing I could do. I had no capacity to go back in time and collect more strength just to escape that horrifying moment. Hindi nagtagal ay napagod rin ako sa kaiiyak hanggang sa tuluyan na akong nakatulog.

I was hoping that sleeping would help me escape the pain that kept haunting. Those unknown monsters left something within me that I wanted to forget, and I was fully aware that once I woke up, that feeling would still remain.

As I laid sleeping and lost in dreams, the creaking of my bed made me awake. Mabilis akong bumangon sa aking higaan at idiniin ang aking sarili sa ulunan ng aking kama.

"Hey, it's me," said Arrow in the most gentle way.

I shot him a look and I didn't know what kind of face I was flashing. Ang alam ko lang ay nababalot ako ng takot at pagaalala.