Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Woof and I were taking a morning's run in the valley. I enjoyed feeling the cold breeze blow threw my hair and the warm sun hitting on my skin. The flowers all around me were beautiful and smelt of perfume. In the distance, it looked like it was raining. I should maybe find shelter before the rain cloud got over me. I also saw someone standing in the rain far away. He had on a navy blue plain t-shirt and long dark pants. When I saw his face, I realised he was the same boy that I had met earlier.

He rose up his bow and arrow, pulled back the string of the bow and realised it. The arrow penetrated the air and any other resistance and came directly at me. I ran to the side so it would not get me but when I did, another arrow came flying to me and hit me on my left arm. I used my right hand to pull it out but then the whole area became blurry. The flowers around me were now black and the rain cloud had reached with thunder and lightning. The sky appeared green so I was expecting some form of tornado.

I scanned the place for Woof but he had an arrow in his side. I stumbled over to pull it out. "Woof?" There was no reply. He was still breathing so I knew he was alive. I had to get the poison out.

Everything was spinning. I had to save Woof. Everything was going dark. All I cared about was saving my best friend. I am not going to make someone else important to me die again. I picked up Woof and practically dragged myself away. I must have been moving in circles because the world was spinning so much.

Now I knew how Earth feels. She always has to watch the moon circle her over and over again. I fell to the ground. The last vision I saw was the guy watching me then I blacked out.

I woke up in a dark places, chained to the wall. I looked all around for Woof but could not find him. The boy who had shot me was now standing in front of me with a cruel smirk on his face. "Where's Woof?" I asked him. He laughed. I totally missed the joke. "Where am I?" He did not answer. I tried to free myself from the cages but could not. I was surprised. I was usually able to break metal chains. From the little window high up on the prisson, I saw the blue moon and now the boys eyes were blue. "A Hax?"

"You can never know who's who anymore," he replied. He raised a knife and his hand was speeding to stab me in the chest! I screamed. I did not know what to do.

I was now back in my cave and I heard the sound of the waterfall in the distance. I assumed it was one of my dreams again. Woof was sitting right next to me. His tail was not down and wagging but pointing that means there was someone near. It was his way of whispering since barking and growling was not exactly soft. I patted him on his head to let him know I picked up his sign.

I listened quietly. The leaves that were on the vine had shuffled which meant someone had entered. I could not hear footsteps, neither could I see the person. It was just that dark. I sensed the person had stopped moving and I knew that person was watching in my direction because I just felt it.

I would have to deal with this person sooner or later but for now, I would have to wait for the sun.