Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The boss looked out of the same window and saw his employees carrying body bags into the back entrance of the building. He frowned and instantly turned to his desk to press the circular red button that was implanted on it. After five seconds of waiting for something to happen, he impatiently pressed it again. An employee came running in as quick as he could and stood there trembling. He was the same employee he had had in his office the last time.

“Robert. Is it?” the boss asked

“Y..yes sir,” he replied. “Is there a problem sir?”

“What did I order you to do Robert?” he asked with an impatient smile.

“Umm...”

“Answer me Robert! My patience is running thin,” he yelled. Robert flinched and inched back. The boss looked at his shiny seemingly spotless desk and flicked off a tiny dust molecule that the normal everyday person would not see or even care about.

“You told me to keep them away from the main town sir.”

“And did I mean to capture them?”

“But sir...”

“You’re bringing back all my plans. You’re slowing me down. If you continue this nonsense, I will get fired!”

“But sir, you’re the boss, sir.” The boss practically roared when he said that. “Sorry, sir. The only way we could get them away from the main town is by capturing them or else they’d come into contact with Ol’ Grun or the ancient city or Erdexrs.”

“It’s near?” He seemed surprised.

“Yes, sir and we kept them away from it.”

The boss patted him on his head and said, “You’re a good girl Roger.”

“Thanks sir but my name’s Robert and I’m male.”

“Do I care?”

“No, sir. No sir.”

“We shall leave them here for the time being. I want to see how well they escape so the next time I capture them, when they complete my plan for me, they would not be able to escape at all,” the boss said softly. Now he was laughing diabolically like a cartoon villain. Robert tried to chuckle too but he really didn’t get the joke. When the boss realised it he frowned and said “Get out of here.” Robert ran out and closed the door behind him leaving the boss to continue his laughing.