Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I went in the opposite direction from where he was walking and tried to match my footsteps with his so he won't know I'm moving. When I got to him I held him by his shoulders and pulled him by back to the ground. He looked shocked. I did not know his exact age but I knew he was not middle aged. Maybe he was around my age. He was laying flat on the ground watching me confused. I should maybe kick him to death while he's confused but he looked so harmless.

He held me by the ankles and pulled me. I feel to my back harder than I have ever fallen. He came over me and held my wrist down to the ground. I struggled to break free. Usually I was stronger than most of the Hax or just normal people but this one was a special case. I guess the younger you are, the stronger you are and this one was my match.

"Who are you," he asked me.

"Who are me? Who are you?!" I asked back. If he did not stab me with his poisonous arrow then maybe his sharp looking black hair would. Seriously, that thing looked dangerous. Woof bit his hand hard and he instantly let me go. I pushed him off, grabbed Woof and ran away. Why hurt him more, his hand was already bleeding from a dog bight.

Why did he not know who I was? I thought all the Hax knew who I was. They were hunting me specifically. It seemed like he was not paying much attention in Hax School and did not know his target. I thought it was easy to assume. There aren't many children my age fighting bears in the woods. By time I got to my shelter it was dark so I had fallen into the river near the waterfall. Before I got crushed by the waterfall's force, I quickly got out of the water and went to sleep all wet and cold. I had no fire and no food. Great!

"Hey Woof. Mind if I eat you?" I asked. He playfully bit my finger and I playfully pushed him away. Now he was running all around expecting me to chase him. "Not now Woof. You'll fall into the..." I heard a splash even before I could finish my sentence. I laughed at him. "River," I continued. I felt splashed of water on me which meant he got out and was shaking the water off. I rested my head on the cold damp floor and closed my eyes while Woof bravely kept guard.