Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Hey bear. That's my fish! Get your own!"I yelled to it. The bear watched me and roared at me. Now it was standing on its two hind legs and basically going all Tarzan on me. I was beginning to think that disturbing a hungry carnivore was a bad idea.

My first thought was to climb the tree but that would mean leaving Woof down and last time I checked, dogs couldn't exactly climb. Woof stood in front of me bravely, ready to defend me. "Woof, run," I commanded and he ran away as if he was waiting for that desperately.

When the bear got close enough, ready to pounce on me I ran to the side and it knocked its head on a tree. The next thing I did was to jump on its back. It began to jump. I felt as if I were one of those professional bull riders.

The bear threw me off and stood over me roaring in victory. Maybe if I killed it I could eat it for breakfast. How exactly was I going to do that? With the little time I had to live, I began to think. As the bear roared again, I could see its razor sharp teeth and could feel it entering my skin. I slammed my fist against the bears paw causing it to stand on its hind legs and growl in pain.

That gave me half a second to run away. "Woof!" I yelled while running and he barked. He was waiting for me in the direction of the shelter we found. I ran in that direction. The bear was chasing me. Out of nowhere, an arrow came flying towards the bear and shot it. In a few seconds, the bear was down.

I was happy that this happened but also scared. That could have been a Hax trying to get me with that poisoned arrow. I ran a little fast. "Woof! Hax!" I yelled to him. He barked violently again and I saw him running towards me. I quickly picked him up and continued running as quick as I could. Now I think I might have been going in the speed of a train. Yup. Trains are fast. Trees were coming up at me and I quickly avoided all of them.

I stopped running and leaned against a tree. I heard the leaves on the ground rustle. I silenced myself as the rustling became closer and closer. I saw a figure pass around my area very quickly. Now I heard the rustling behind me. I could hear my heart beat now.

I felt someone behind the tree I was leaning on. I could hear the person's heavy breathing but unlike the usual, I could not smell the person. I usually had a good sense of smell so I know what skin cells smell like. I should even be smelling this person better since, judging by their quick breath, he or she must be sweating. I was not picking up the horrible sent of water, salt and urea.

I still heard the person's breathing and I tried to lighten mine so he or she could not hear. The person's foot moved a bit so he was making his way around the tree. It was a thick tree so he would have to walk at least five steps instead of the usual one step. Should I move or should I stay and meet my fate. I decided to go around the tree and get my fate from the back.