Chapter 1~ Last Day

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

It seemed like the blazing sun had ought to burn us all

It seemed like the blazing sun had ought to burn us all. Smearing the sunscreen over my body, I layed back on the blanket before placing the beach hat over my face.

I sighed as the words "my last day in Mauritius." echoed in my mind.

Yes, It was my last day in Mauritius but I didn't know whether to be happy or not.

Thanks to my father who decided to become a politician, my homeland had turned into a prison for me.

At Least the actual prisons had security. But in the one I was born in, there was nothing but brutality, violence, wrath and corruption.

There's two things I hate the most, Violence and lies. And again the credit goes to my dad!

A part of me was Happy because I'd be going to my home, sorry house after two decades. Which also meant seeing my parents in person After twenty years.

And a part of me was sad because the very twenty years had given me so much freedom. Going back to India was no less than a bird flying into a cage itself.

My deep thoughts were disturbed by a sweet voice.

" Dalind, can I do chimming?" Eeshana nudged me, settling on the blanket.

(Darling, can I go swimming?)

I quickly straightened myself, startled by her question. My heart drops to reply her, yet I put on a faint smile to cover it.

"Not now, shona." I said while she frowned.

"Then when?" She pouts.She was so cute. I hate how god is so unfair to people.

"When you turn five." I say showing my palm. She understandingly bobs her little head.

"Hm Darling, I have an idea, how about we build a sand castle and decorate it with sea shells." I raised my brows in excitement, hoping she would say yes, which she did.

"Mumma whez my toy?" I turned to her mother, my dear Sia who was painting a poitrait of the beach.

"In the basket." Sia replies. "I'll take it out for you."

Me and Eeshana started making a castle while Sia engaged herself in painting the picturesque.

"Darling?"

"Yes dalind?"

"Will you miss me?" I ask Esha to which she nods pouting. I chuckle at her response, shaking my head.

Oh god how am I supposed to live without the mother and daughter duo now?

I turn to Sia and throw my arms around her, engulfing her in a warm embrace.

"Careful or you'll ruin my art." She warned, not sparing a glance at me.

"Sia"

"Hmm?"