| CHAPTER FOUR | Reunion

| CHAPTER FOUR; Reunion |
———————————————

| CHAPTER FOUR; Reunion | ———————————————

"The enormity of my desire disgusts me."

—Unknown

1921
BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND

TOMMY HAD NO MEANS to hurt the German girl. He only bet on her so that he could get her back for Polly. He felt bad, that her daughter had died, and while she had her son back, he knew that she needed a daughter. Even if she wasn't her blood, Tommy knew that Anneliese Albracht was the closest to a daughter that Polly would ever get.

"What will you do with me? I have nowhere to stay." Anne worried, trying her best to keep up with Tommy.

"That isn't up to me." He spoke, staring straight forward.

"Who was that boy from earlier?"

Tommy smirked slightly, shaking his head, "You'll see." He chuckled.

Tommy knew that Polly was going to show Michael her house today, which is exactly why he brought Anne to the woman's new neighborhood. When they arrived at the home, standing in front of the drive, Anneliese instinctively grabbed onto Tommy's coat arm.

He walked on, leading her to the door. He had an extra set of keys, moving to unlock the door. They entered the house just as the maid ran off to fetch Polly and Michael some tea.

Michael didn't look back, but watched as his mother's eyes brightened up even more, "Say hello, Anne." Tommy's gruff voice was heard from behind Michael.

Anneliese stared at Polly in shock, "Ms. Gray?" She softly spoke. And once Michael heard her voice, he immediately whipped around to stare at her.

"Anne?" Polly smiled hopefully.

Tommy's hand was on the small of her back, "Go." He whispered, slightly nudging her forward.

The German girl stumbled but jogged over to Polly nonetheless. She engulfed her into a hug, Polly gripping her tight in her arms as she ran her fingers through Anneliese's blonde hair.

Michael had no idea why this girl was hugging his mother. Who was she? Why was she here? He had no idea that Polly had been the only one to take care of Anneliese when she was little.
That is— before she ran off and abandoned the old woman.

When the women let go of each other, Tommy had already crept out of the house and was long gone, already driving down the street.