sixty-eight | "bring me back"

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: "𝐍𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐨 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐥" - 𝐙𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐢 𝐱 𝐒𝐨𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚

Trigger warnings: violence, graphic context and reference of SA, trauma, and abuse.

The underground space had turned a shade of red, the flickering red lights were casting sporadic shadows in the ring from the metal railings

The underground space had turned a shade of red, the flickering red lights were casting sporadic shadows in the ring from the metal railings. The air was thick with the scent of sweat and the overall dampness, lingering from the earlier fights and the distraught condition of the place.

The sound of voices created a constant hum and felt distant to my ears. Our hair was tied back in a tight ponytail, I stood at the blue end of the ring, my muscles tensed, and my eyes were sharp watching poison at the other end, she stood on the red corner wrapped in the red shadows.

Her long blonde braids swung lightly as she walked, a confident smirk playing on her lips.

The contrast between us was stark—I was lean, with an athletic build and focused demeanor against Poison's more relaxed but equally dangerous stance. The craziness was in both of us.

The bell rang signaling the start of the fight. Without a word, we advanced toward each other, the tension palpable. When we were just a few feet apart, the fight began with a sudden explosion of movement from her side.

She struck first, her right leg shooting out in a high kick aimed at our head. I ducked just in time, feeling the rush of air as the kick narrowly missed us. I countered with a quick jab to Poison's ribs, but Poison twisted her body, absorbing the blow and retaliating with an elbow aimed at our temple. I blocked it with our forearm, not even wincing at the impact, I stayed focused.

The ring echoed with the sounds of our battle—grunts, the slap of flesh against flesh. Poison spun around, her braids whipping through the air, and launched a series of rapid punches. I deflected most of them, but a few landed, bruising our ribs and one of our cheeks. I stumbled back a step, shaking our head to clear my vision.

The hits didn't hurt me, I felt a surge of adrenaline. This was the challenge I had been seeking, a worthy opponent who could push me to her limits. I grinned, a fierce determination in my eyes. Poison noticed and hesitated for a split second, (probably realized my craziness was unmatched), just enough time for me to launch my own attack.

With a powerful roundhouse kick, I struck Poison in the side, sending her crashing into the metal wall. Poison grunted in pain but quickly regained her footing, pushing off the bars and charging at us. She tackled me to the ground, and I laughed as we fell. She tried to gain the upper hand.

Poison's fingers found their way to our throat, squeezing tightly. I gasped for air, feeling my vision start to blur. Desperation gave me strength, and I drove our knee up into Poison's stomach, forcing her to release her grip. Poison rolled away, coughing and clutching her abdomen.

We both rose to our feet, breathing heavily, blood and sweat mingling on our skin. My gaze never wavered, my focus unbroken. Poison, anger on the other hand was flashing in her eyes, she launched herself at us with renewed fury. we exchanged a flurry of blows, punches, and jabs each one landing with bone-jarring force.