Chapter 3

Y/N (Pov)

it was midnight, and we were still walking, I kept glancing at Yona every once and a while seeing her get more exhausted by the second, and it pained me, it pained me to see my little sister suffer like this, she saw father died right in front of her, it was like just while ago he was laughing with old friends and getting drunk.

snapping out of my thoughts I felt a tug on my sleeve seeing Yona breathing heavily, I tapped haks shoulder making him look back and notice Yona.

"We can set up camp here, you can sleep now"
Yona nodded as I sat her down on a rock with a tree supporting her. I sighed as she instantly fell asleep making me give her my blouse (like a jacket) She watched this and gave the H/C girl his jacket which made her turn before hugging herself and pulling the jacket tighter around her.

"You should sleep also." He patted my head and honestly, I wasn't even mad.

"I'm fine" I muttered.

"I know you're tired go to sleep he sat me down on the rock next to Yona and watched as I fought to stay awake.
"I'll wake you up in a few just get some sleep," he said which made me relax, soon I found myself falling asleep

HAK (pov)

I watched as the two girls lay there, fast asleep. I signed and scratched my head before walking off and searching the area.

"Shit.. how did that turn to this so quickly.." I looked up at the moon recalling everything that happened in such a short time.

I found myself digging my nails into the skin of my fist, probably drawing blood.

"Shit.. what are we gonna do now.."

"
Y/N (pov)

It's been a couple of hours, there were no enemies or bandits around so that's something, currently me and yona are bathing in the river as hak searches the area once again.
I washed yona down with water and she volunteered to to the same with me making me smile, i'm glad she's showing some kind of emotion after what happened.

I soon got out the bath before yona did, just through halfway dressing (like wtv under parts you had on and a bra) i heard yona let out a small scream, it seems like hak did also as i heard him come also. i quickly gave yona a blouse to cover herself with a saw the situation being some weird bugs on her legs. "their leeches" Hak started peeling them off one by one as I peeled them off her other leg.
I signed as I helped Yona get dressed when I noticed hak was staring at my collarbone (the marks he left) and gave him a confused look making him speed walk away.

weird.

We all started traveling once again and settled down at midnight. As I was cooking the fish I noticed Yona looking for something "Yona are you looking for anything?" I asked with concern before she shook her head and ran off making me and hak follow behind her shortly after she left.

"Are you looking for this?" hak held up a hairpin. yona gasped and quickly grabbed it.

I felt the ground shift a little and hak immediately realized "It's a snake nest!" he started dragging us too after slicing off a snake's neck. he continued doing so until he got bit on the ankle.

"Hak you idiot!" I grabbed my dragged and sliced the snake off and we continued running

"it takes more than a little snake bite to kill me" he gave us a smirk receiving worried looks back.

once we made it back to camp we were all out of breath.

"I'm sorry!" yona quickly said hugging us both.