7: hard no

after talking to kakucho, you got your things and left the school building to go home. you saw different groups of students on your way out, who were either gossiping or planning the rest of their night. as you walked through the school courtyard, you heard a group of guys (loudly) goofing off.

unsurprisingly, you recognized them as toman members, including baji, mitsuya, and two blonde guys that you recognized but hadn't met yet.

your stare lingered on them for a second before continuing on your way. you thought you successfully didn't draw attention to yourself until you heard someone call your name from behind you.

not recognizing the owner of the voice, you looked over your shoulder to see who it was. you saw one of the blonde guys with mitsuya and baji, who was on the shorter side and had the top layer of his hair pulled back into a ponytail.

your eyes went to mitsuya momentarily before looking back at the blonde.

"yeah?"

"you busy?" he asked, sliding his hands into the front pockets of his pants.

everyone wants to talk today, you thought with a small sigh. you took a couple steps towards the group, but you still maintained a small distance just in case you had to make a quick getaway.

"nope. what's up?" you answered.

"baji said you're the new girl."

"did he now?" you asked, shooting baji a scowl. he only gave you an antagonistic smile in return.

"yep." the blonde replied.

"that's me i guess.. i don't think we've met, by the way." you said and proceeded to introduce yourself.

"cool. i'm mikey, their fearless leader." he said easily, eliciting some laughs from the peanut gallery.

he sure was full of himself.

"you lead quite the group." you commented.

he let out a laugh.

"i do." he agreed. "i heard you got sick from the party this weekend."

so he wanted to talk about that.

it felt natural for him to know, but it still made you cringe that more people had heard how you were. and with that topic in mind, you also didn't know where this conversation was going, but you weren't going to show that you were bothered.

"yeah, sorry about that. i'm grateful people helped me." you said with a gracious smile.

"it wasn't your fault. this guy was also sick." mikey grinned, jerking his thumb to the other blonde guy.

"mikey. shut the fuck up." he scoffed, shaking his head before his gaze shot over to you, his expression immediately softening. "i'm draken, by the way."

"yeah whatever. you couldn't help it." mikey said dismissively.

he turned his attention toward you before adding, "it won't happen again. next time you come to one of our parties, don't worry."

you raised your eyebrows, a little surprised that you'd be welcomed at more gatherings.

"sounds good. did you find who did it, if you don't mind me asking?" you asked, a little bit of apprehension in your voice.

"we have a couple of people in mind, and we're dealing with them now." mikey said.

you hummed and nodded along to his response.

"and if you do ever need someone to take you home, baji will do it." he added.

"like hell i will." baji rolled his eyes.