Chapter 16: Famous On Accident

Three days have past since the incident at the docks and everyone started to enjoy their holidays, except Ruby and Blake. A handful of people would say that Ruby running around exited and telling everyone the cool things (Y/N) did at the docks is fun for her but Yang is trying her best to get her to sit down and take a breather. Blake on the other hand is really worried about him, (Y/N) didn't show up those past few days and the teachers they asked didn't gave them a straight answer. Expecially after the things she heard that night.

.....

Blake is sitting inside a interrogation room of the police, waiting to get released and deeply in thought. After a few seconds the door behind her opens and Ozpin enters. He walks around her and takes a seat at the opposite side of the table.

Ozpin:"Well, this has certainly been an eventful evening."

Blake:"Huh?"

She didn't even hear him enter and sit down. She just does a quiet sound of acknowledgement to his statement.

Ozpin:"I'm sure that after a night of thwarting attempted robbery, you probably just want to go home and take a nap. But, I was hoping that maybe we could have a chance to talk."

Blake:"Of course."

Ozpin:"Wonderful. As you know, in order to enroll at my academy, students must first pass a rigorous entrance exam. Most applicants spend years of preparation training at one of the many combat schools around the world. You are one of the few that did not. And you passed the exam with flying colors."

Blake:"I was raised outside the kingdoms. If you can't fight, you can't survive."

Ozpin chuckles slightly at her statement and leans forward a bit.

Ozpin:"Funny. You are the second person who told me that this year. Well, you have most certainly survived, Blake. I admire your drive. And I am proud to run a school accepts individuals from all walks of life. Rich, poor, Human... Faunus..."

He takes a sip from his hot chocolate after the first pause. After he mentioned Faunus, Blake glares at him.

Ozpin:"Why do you wear that bow, Blake? Why hide who you are?"

Blake:"You may be willing to accept the Faunus, Professor Ozpin, but your species is not."

Ozpin:"True, but we are continuing to take strides to lessen the divide."

Blake:"With all due respect, you need to start taking some larger strides. Until then, I'd rather avoid any unnecessary attention. I want people to see me for who I am, not what I am."

Ozpin:"And what are you?"

Blake:"I don't understand what you're asking."

Ozpin:"How did you know the White Fang would be at the shipyard tonight?"

Blake:"I didn't. I just happened to be at the right place at the right night."

Ozpin:"You wouldn't have been the first. But what happened tonight was not an isolated incident. I may be your headmaster, but I am also a Huntsman, and it is my sworn duty to protect this world from the forces that conspire against it. Blake, are you sure there is nothing else you would like to tell me?"

Blake:"I'm sure."

Ozpin:"Very well. Thank you for your time, Miss Belladonna. Someone is going to come and escort you out of here."

He stands up and heads to the door. He stops momentarily and turns towards Blake.

Ozpin:"If you ever need to talk to me. Please, don't hesitate to ask.