Chapter 21: What Is Your Breaking Point?

Two more days past with (Y/N)'s recovery being now known by the rest of the school. Team CFVY, JNPR and his team are the most prominent visitors with Velvet, Ruby and Blake coming to visit him the most. But a few exchange students are not happy about that, Cinder is in a call with Roman and General to discuss what to do next.

Cinder:"With the dance that is coming up, we have the perfect opportunity to get into the CCT."

General:"The virus is nearly ready."

Roman:"At least this isn't going to be a problem."

Cinder:"I'm preparing for the day with Mercury and Emerald, send me the virus at the earliest you can."

General:"I'm sending it over at soon it is ready."

Cinder:"Good, there is one more thing I want to discuss with you. Why is (Y/N) Ziegler still alive?"

Her voice is cold and has a threatening tone under it. There is a long silence from the other end with General sounding bewildered and worried.

General:"What? No, that can't- Everybody else didn't- Could he be-"

Silence again that and after a few seconds the bang of a closing door can be heard.

Cinder:"What was that?"

Rokan:"He locked himself in his office."

Cinder:"Tell him that he should get in contact with me again when he is done sulking."

She stops the call without waiting for an answer, she puts the Scroll down and crosses her arms and legs. After a few minutes of thinking to herself, the door opens and Emerald and Mercury enter.

Emerald:" Ma'am? We managed to get some information out of this guy's team. He heals but can't walk on his own, has to use crutches."

Cinder:"Good Emerald. We move to the next stage of the plan earlier than expected. Get some nice clothes for the dance."

.....

Team RWBY is discussing the upcoming dance but Blake wants nothing to do with it, she sits on her bed and reads one of her... more unsavory books. The newest volume of Ninjas of Love, she placed a complete black cover over it to hide what it is. She is at the chapter where the Shinobi and Kunoichi of rival clans meet in secret at night.

The Shinobi watches the enemy walking slowly between the trees from above her in one of them. The Kunoichi looks around trying to find someone or trying to stay out of sight from someone. He smirks under his mask, waits until his enemy walks under him and drops down on her. A short struggle ensues with the Shinobi getting the upper hand and pins the Kunoichi to the ground.

Shinobi:"What are they teaching you? Always look above you."

She struggles a bit more trying to get herself free but has no success and stops.

Shinobi:"Good girl."

He pulls down her mask revealing a blush and she is unable to look into his eyes. Even through the mask she can tell that Shinobi is smirking at her.

Shinobi:"Why so shy now? The last time we meet you wouldn't stop talking about how superior your clan is."

Kunoichi:"I have to keep the fasad up that we hate each other."

Shinobi:<gasps>"She can talk. And your clan is maybe big but with me, that is going to change quickly."

She hates to admit it but he is better than her and anybody in her clan. He is just one year younger than her and managed to rise inside his clan at staggering speed. His speed, strength and talent is are beyond anyone in Ninjas history. The reason revealed to be that he is the chosen one.