Temple

"Vero, wake up. We're here."

"What?" She sat up with the marks of my jeans on her cheek and dried drool on the side of her mouth.

"Here you go. Clean her face with this." Uncle Rory handed me some tissues before going to get our bags out of the trunk.

I rubbed the tissue against the drool on her mouth. I bet that this looks really shady from the outside. Two alpha wolves with a disoriented looking little bunny.

"You're ruining my makeup." She complained, turning her face to the side.

"Your makeup got ruined two kilometers ago. Stop fussing." I held her face still and she glared at me. When I finally got her out of the car Rory had all of our luggage outside already.

"Well, I guess I'll see you both at the offering tomorrow." He said, closing the trunk.

"Why don't you stay for dinner?"

"Sorry, buddy. I have to pick up Lily from her practice, but we can eat lunch together tomorrow. And you said you're staying the whole weekend, right?" I nodded. "We can hit the ice ring if you want to. You can bring the little missy too." He smiled at Veronica who smiled back with the same enthusiasm.

"I'd like that." I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"It was good seeing you, son." He patted my shoulder one more time before getting inside the car.

"I like him." Vero said, grabbing her bag.

"Yeah, me too." Uncle Rory was my biggest role model growing up. His wife died giving birth to their third daughter Lily. He raised those three girls on his own, while making sure that all of his students were alright.

We knocked on the door and waited until someone answered.

"Why are you knocking on the door of your own house?"

"Because I don't live here anymore and I don't have a key."

"But why-"

"Darius!" An omega wolf in her forties opened the door. She pulled me into a hug and the cloying vanilla scent I knew too well hit me.

"Hi, mom." I said diving into her neck, letting her scent me until she felt satisfied.

"You must be Vero! Goddess aren't you cute!" She let go of me to do the same to Vero. Veronica, who thrives in attention and physical contact, let her do as she pleased.

"Come inside! Come inside!" She pulled Veronica inside by her hand a bit too roughly. Her long black hair flopped in the air when she turned.

She's gonna rip her little arm.

I was going to tell mom to be more gentle but they were too far gone now.

I sighed looking at the bags my mom and Veronica left me with at the doorstep. Thinking about it now, my mom and Veronica were equally bouncy and easily distracted by everything. Did I pick a girl who's just like my mother? I never thought I'd be that guy.

"Need a hand with that, son?" I looked up to the alpha lady leaning on the door frame.

"Yes, please."

She smiled and stepped closer to plant a kiss on my forehead. "How are you, baby?" She asked, caressing my cheek.

"I'm good, ma."

She helped me with the bags and I basked in her citrusy scent. We left the bags in the living room and walked inside the kitchen where my mom was showing Veronica her baking trinkets.