Part 1: The New Girl.

DREWS POV
"Why do we have to go?" I ask mum.
She is making me and the rest of the band go to my neighbours house. Our neighbours niece, Gemma, moved in with her Aunt, Joelyn.
"We want to make Gemma feel as welcomed as possible. She's had a hard life. And Drew, be nice."
"Yeah, come on mate, it's not gunna me that bad." Nate says as we leave.
We walk up the driveway to Joelyn's front door. Mum knocks on the door and waits for an answer.
Mum has been close friends with Joelyn since she moved to California.
"Ah Tina, Drew and friends. Welcome, come on in." Joelyn welcomes us with a smile.
"Hello Joelyn" I mumble.
"Boys, you can head upstairs. Gemma is in her room. It's the first one on the left."
We head up the stairs. I honestly don't want to be here. I want to be in my room. Messing on my guitar. Finishing our songs.

NATES POV
We head up to Gemma's room. Levi knocks on the door.
"It's open. Come in" we hear a soft voice say.
"Hey um, I'm Austin, this is Nate, Levi and Drew." Austin says introducing us.
Drew sits in the chair in the corner, sulking.
"So, where are you from Gemma?" I say, trying to start a conversation.
"I'm originally from New York"
"And you moved all the way to Cali?"
"Yeah, I just got here yesterday"
"Wow that's a big move. Mind if I ask why you moved?"
"Um, I'd rather not talk about that now" she said looking away and playing with her sleeve.
She looks over at Drew and whispers
"What's up with him?"
"Oh ignore him, he's just getting a bit of hate on twitter. " Levi says.
"Oh is he okay?"
"Yeah he's grand"
"Do you want something to drink?"
"Yeah sure" I say looking at the boys who nod in agreement except for Drew who doesnt take his eyes off his phone.