page 3

Lilith's pov

As I walked Johnny's room, a flicker of his signature red lights caught my eye, prompting me to retrace my steps back to my own sanctuary where I exchanged my newly ripped everyday attire for something more comforting and relaxing. Mulling over random thoughts, I retraced my path down the hallway and curiously peeked into the doorway, casually asking, "Are you up?" Johnny, quick with humor, quipped, "For you always." His lighthearted banter never failed to bring a blush to my cheeks, a playful exchange we shared frequently but always avoiding in front of Jake.

Hesitantly, I maneuvered myself onto his bed, positioning myself on top of the soft comforter while Johnny teased in a mock-serious tone, "Okay, so just get comfy then." In that moment, as I began to speak my words dried up, leaving me momentarily speechless; it felt as if my thoughts had vanished into thin air. Sensing my distress, Johnny enveloped me in a reassuring hug, wiping away a tear that had silently escaped my eye. "What's wrong, Lily?" he inquired gently, his concern palpable. Unable to verbalize my feelings, I sat there in contemplative silence, hovering on the verge of pouring my heart out to him, a myriad of emotions swirling within me, encapsulating both everything and nothing in that fleeting moment of shared vulnerability.