page 15

**A FEW WEEKS LATER

Lilith pov

I woke up alone again, without him. The feeling of emptiness was overwhelming as I gazed at the empty space next to me that once felt so warm with his presence. Is the world so cruel to tempt me with fleeting moments of joy, only to snatch them away when they're within my grasp? Ever since that night, memories of his touch and the sound of his laughter haunt me relentlessly. I find myself caught in a cycle of longing and sorrow, a loop that seems never-ending. Jake might call it something simple, but to me, it feels like a battle against my own mind, a constant struggle with what I can only describe as mental illness.

I hear a knock on the door "WHATTTTT." i yell out into the darkness of the room the door swings open and the lights turned on i pull the blanket over my head. "Thats so bright what are you doing" i growned my eyes adjusting to the light

Johnies pov

I watch as Jake storms passed my door and into Lilith's room, his voice booming with frustration, "NOPE. YOU AIN'T DOING THIS NOT NOW," he screamed. It was evident that Lilith had been struggling with something lately, but I hesitated to broach the topic following our previous encounter. Nevertheless, I decided to follow Jake into her room. There she was, sitting on her bed in a crop top and shorts. A tense silence hung in the air. "Lily...I-" I began, but she cut me off abruptly, her tone sharp and defensive, "What do you guys want?" she said snarkily, adding, "I just want to sleep." With an exasperated sigh, I rolled my eyes, retorting, "Well, too bad, you're up now." Her reaction was immediate; she stood up abruptly and headed towards the bathroom, the door slamming shut loudly behind her, leaving me standing there, unsure of how to proceed.