chapter 2 : page 1

Johnies pov

I woke up to the delightful aroma of sizzling bacon wafting through the house, tickling my senses and pulling me from my slumber. Surprised by the tempting scent lingering in the air, my mind momentarily wandered back to the events of the previous night. Could they really be so nonchalant after such unsettling events? I descended the stairs, half-expecting to find lilith bustling about in the kitchen, only to be greeted by a peculiar scene of lilith and jake perched on the couch, looking disconcertingly innocent and vulnerable, resembling children caught in the midst of reprimand. "Go upstairs, you don't want to witness this," lilith whispered conspiratorially before lucifer emerged from the kitchen, accompanied by a woman. "Oh, my devil, you must be Johnie," the woman greeted me warmly, extending her arm for a friendly hug. Caught off guard by the unexpected encounter, I stammered, "I'm sorry," my confusion palpable as I settled down on the couch between lily and jake. "Johnie, you've met Lucifer," lilith sneered, gesturing dismissively towards him, "Meet my mother." A sudden realization struck me like a bolt of lightning. "Wait, so not only have I been oblivious to your demonic nature for all these years, but all this time, I was under the impression that you were an orphan—" Before I could finish my sentence, she interjected, "Might as well have been."

lilys pov

Lucifer stared at me with disbelief, as if my refusal to sign the book had wounded him deeply. "You are the 6th child, Satan's 6," he scolded sternly, emphasizing the weight of the prophecy. Despite his insistence, I stood firm, adamantly stating, "I'm not signing it, and you can't make me." The tension in the room was palpable as Jake and i exchanged a knowing glance. Sensing the gravity of the situation, my mother intervened, her voice firm yet soothing, "Luci darling, don't be a brat." Turning her attention to me, she revealed a crucial piece of information that left me dumbfounded. "You fully transformed last night. When you put your name to that book, your demon side will gain vast power." This revelation caused me to pause, contemplating the implications of embracing my true nature and the consequences of unlocking such immense potential. Despite Lucifer's insistence and the lingering doubts in my mind, a sense of responsibility to understand my heritage and the power coursing within me urged me to reconsider my stance on signing the book. My father looks over at jake "did you not tell her" jake stutters " i- i thought i had more time to teach her how to control it first"i felt betrayed "you knew, this whole time you knew tha i had to sign away my right to be a human and not once you thought to tell me" i ranted standing up to pace "I didnt think"

"think what, that i'd just wake up one night to beelzebub in my face telling me be a monster and murder my boyfriend" jakes jaw dropped but i continued "all that last night was because of you, i would have picked human mouths ago had you told me." i walk to him veins growing out of my eyes ''maybe then i could actually have a relationship without feeling like i'm scaring him for life." the anger in my voice grew with every word leaving everyone in shock "i dont think ive ever seen her this angry" johnie says to my parents sitting back with his hands cross "do we just let this play out" "Lilith, bunny" my mother calls out "you don't have to be so ma-" my attention switches the blame "and you, you have some nerve showing up here. I always thought dad was bad but at least he wanted to know how i was doing" i rolled my eyes "what, dont have a phone?" i continued "you literally live in the same city as me, yet still not one call or text, i haven't seen you since i was 12. At least he tried to reach out" yea defending the devil not my hottest moment, but in my defense there's not really cell service in hell. But that's when i decided "you know what yes dad i'll sign your stupid book, my human gene are from an incompetent wench anyway."

I ran quickly upstairs and locked myself back in the bathroom, gasping for air. As I leaned against the wall, a whirlwind of thoughts raced through my mind, reflecting in the mirror a swirl of emotions. Sliding down the wall, my troubled breathing transformed into deep sobs, my reflection revealing dark veins beneath my eyes, a stark contrast to my usual self. With a sudden surge of anger, I let out a loud scream and fiercely punched the mirror, causing my fist to bleed. "Damn it," I muttered amid my sobbing. Just then, an urgent knock on the door interrupted my turmoil. "Lily, what was that?" Johnie's voice sounded concerned, his urgent pounding signaling his worry. Gripping a shard of glass, I hesitated, my heart pounding in my chest. Without a second thought, I rolled down my pajama pants to reveal a tattoo, a symbol of my heritage, as a sudden ringing echoed in my ears. Placing the shard on the counter, I flung the door open to find Johnie waiting outside, his eyes wide with concern. "Are you okay, Lily?" he inquired, his gaze fixed on my bloody fist. "I made a mess, I'm sorry," I murmured, the chaos of my family echoing in the background. Seeing the distress on Johnie's face, I could sense his desire to help. "Let's get you cleaned up," he suggested with a comforting smile. "Maybe we can find a quiet place to talk," he added, his words a calming presence in the midst of chaos.