page 16

*(TRIGGER WARNING: this page includes mild mentions of depression,mental illness, and SH. This topic is mild now but will continue to be added into the story along with other heavy topics if you are sensitive to this  I suggest you do not continue.)

I locked myself in the bathroom, finding solace within the room's walls as I began to gaze at my reflection in the mirror, absentmindedly tugging at my luscious black hair. Just as I immersed myself in this private moment, a familiar knock interrupted the silence. "Lily, please open the door," Johnie's voice came from the other side, filled with a mix of concern and urgency. With a hint of frustration, I replied, "Go away," rolling the waistband of my shorts down, inadvertently revealing the tattoo adorning my lower stomach. A single tear traced its path down my cheek as I absentmindedly scratched at the tattoo until a thick black demon blood started slowly dripping . Johnie's voice persisted, a tone of vulnerability creeping in, "Please, Lily, can we talk?" Reluctantly, I wiped away the tears from my face and turned the doorknob to let him in.As Johnie stepped into the room, his presence enveloped me in a warm and comforting embrace before I could voice my thoughts. "What's wrong?" he inquired softly, his arms still wrapped protectively around me. A whirlwind of emotions clouded my mind, rendering me speechless. Eventually, overwhelmed by a wave of emotions, I resorted to heavy sobs, seeking solace in Johnie's reassuring embrace. "I'm so sorry," I managed to choke out amidst tears, my voice quivering with raw emotions. Johnie, ever the pillar of support, murmured soothing words, assuring me that everything would be alright.Interrupting the intimate moment, Jake's voice intruded, his playful banter breaking the tender atmosphere. Unperturbed, Johnie shut the door firmly, shielding us from external distractions. "Do you maybe want to go somewhere?" Johnie suggested tentatively, his cheeks flushing slightly. "I just thought maybe we could get out of the house or, like, go on a date," he continued, his voice tinged with vulnerability. Touched by his gesture, I let out a giggle, "Maybe this time your brother can stay home," I teased, referring to a past incident involving Jake's untimely interruption during a previous outing."That was high school, it doesn't count," I retorted playfully, reminiscing briefly before considering Johnie's proposal. "How about we revisit that diner we used to frequent? We can sit at our usual table," Johnie suggested, his words tinged with a hint of nostalgia and thoughtfulness. Skeptical yet intrigued, I pondered momentarily, "You don't think that's TOO nostalgic?" Johnie furrowed his brows, "We won't dwell on the past; we'll keep it lighthearted." Chuckling softly, I consented, "Alright, maybe it could be fun." Attempting to divert my thoughts from the underlying tension, I contemplated when Johnie would broach the subject that lingered between us, waiting to be addressed.

As I walked out of the bathroom, my eyes fell upon Jake lounging in the doorway with a mischievous look in his eyes. "So, are you guys done not talking to each other?" he quipped, a smirk playing on his lips. Seeing the hint of a smile on my face, he couldn't resist teasing further as Johnnie, exasperated, rested his hand on his forehead before retreating back to his room. "Lily, your bleeding" he said frowning and looking at the tatoo then shaking his head in dissapointment It was clear that I needed to assess the aftermath of whatever mischief had unfolded. Flicking on the light switch in my room, the sight of chaos greeted me — clothes strewn everywhere, lights and pictures scattered on the floor. A sudden realization struck me like a bolt of lightning: "He wants a date," I mused silently, determined to play along.

The subsequent hours were a whirlwind of activity as I delved into a complete room transformation project. Shopping for new decor, cleaning every nook and cranny, and adorning the walls with an array of memories captured in photographs. With meticulous attention to detail, I hung up numerous pictures of myself, my friends, Jake, and Johnnie, ensuring that the ambiance was imbued with warmth and nostalgia. Fairy lights were strung delicately, casting a soft glow across the room, enhancing its enchanting allure.

Pleased with the progress, I sought out Johnnie, knocking lightly on his door. As he opened it, a genuine smile graced his features, and he addressed me with endearment. "Hey, beautiful," he greeted warmly, a tender kiss gracing my forehead. I seized the moment to intrigue him further: "I have something to show you. Put on your pajamas and meet me outside my room in 10 minutes." A flicker of confusion crossed his face briefly before he shrugged in acquiescence, and in that moment, the stage was set for our little escapade to unfold.