They're All Animals!!

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. A deliveryman had stopped by the house to drop off a package. "Hello? I have a package delivery!" the man said.

There were loud footsteps approaching the door, as Sachi held all of the animals, the cat, the dog, and the rat, that used to be the two boys she was going to live with, and the boy who crashed through the ceiling. She threw the front door open.

"Ah! They're..." she started yelling. "They're all animals!!!" Sachi caught her breath for a second.

"Yeah, those are some cute pets you have there!" said the deliveryman. "Now, if you could please sign here, I will be on my way." he said, showing the box to Sachi.

Sachi dropped the animals. The dog then walked over to the dining room in the house and grabbed something with his teeth. "N-No, you don't understand!!" Sachi said frantically. The dog then put a stamp of his human signature on the box the deliveryman was holding.

The man chuckled. "Man, aren't you a smart little pooch?" he said. The man then ran off. "Thanks a lot, ma'am! You have a good day, now!" he disappeared into the distance, running down the steps that led away from the house.

Sachi collapsed to her knees once the man was gone.

"Ugh, we could have covered it up if you two hadn't transformed, too!!" the blue cat yelled.

"You're the one that screwed up first, stupid Cat." the rat said, resting on the top of the dogs head.

"Oh, yeah?!" the cat screamed.

"Clumsy feline." the rat murmured.

Th-they can talk, too?! Sachi thought.

The cat hissed, but the dog barked, signaling them to stop. He sighed. "We can either tell her the truth or give her an excuse she won't believe anyway." the dog looked over at Sachi. "As you can see, I, Kazuichi, am the Dog, Chidori here is the Rat, and Ishibuko is the Cat. We're all possessed by animal spirits, from the Chinese Zodiac."

The cat, who's name was Ishibuko, stopped hissing ant sat down. "Hmph!"

"Ten others in the Soma family are also possessed by the same type of spirits, but they're just different animals." Kazuichi explained. "It's been this way for generations." Sachi simply blinked in disbelief. "Unfortunately, it doesn't really give us any special powers, but we can talk to our respective animals, and they seem to be drawn to us for some reason." he sighed. "We turn into our animal state when our bodies become weakened or overwhelmed, as well as when we are hugged by the opposite sex. We automatically turn human after a while." Suddenly, there were three puffs of smoke, the same colors as before. The three boys seemed to return to their human state, but their clothes seemed to be missing. "But we turn back completely naked, I'm afraid."

Sachi imediately turned around and yelped out of embarrassment.

~~~

Once the boys gotten changed, the three of them sat around the dining table. Ishibuko sat on the porch while the sliding doors were open, facing away from the others. "Sorry 'bout that. It must've come as a shock, huh?" Kazuichi said. "Are you calm now?"

"I-I think so... It's just a lot to take in." Ah, of course! Sachi thought. That must have been why Soma pushed away that girl when she tried to go in for a hug!

"Have to say, that was a pretty pathetic showing Ishibuko. Aren't you a trained martial artist? You must feel so ashamed right now, letting a girl sneak up on you like that." Kazuichi teased. "You must only have eyes for Chidori, huh?"

"I-It's not like that! I-I'm not... I-I'm not into that type of thing!" Ishibuko said weakly. "Besides, it's your guys' fault for letting a girl into the house!" he said, turned around and pointing at Sachi. "Why is she even here, dammit?!"