They're All Animals!! (Part Two)

Back at school, Sachi set down her things at her desk as Natsumi and Hina came over to her.

"Hey, Sachi, it's not really like you to be late. You oversleep or some shit?" Natsumi asked.

"Huh? O-Oh, yeah, that's right." she lied.

"Sooooo, you admit you're super lazy." said a girl hanging out in the doorway of the classroom. She was a member of the Prince Chidori Club, and was hanging out with another member, as well. "You should've stayed at home and gotten more sleep."

Hina then started to chase after the two, threatening them with her waves.

"The prince was late, too, so now they're extra on edge." Natsumi explained. "Not to mention suspicious." Hina slowly walked back into the room after scaring the other girls off.

There's no way I can tell them that I stayed at his house last night... Sachi thought.

"What a bunch of stupid dumbasses. Must be nice to be so damn dumb." Natsumi rolled her eyes.

As the three of them began to chat like normal, Chidori silently watched, keeping an eye on Sachi.

~~~

After school, Sachi was walking through the halls, finding her way to the exit, when suddenly, from inside one of the classrooms, she heard a voice. "Miss Yayo?"

"Is that you, Soma?" Sachi asked as she walked into the classroom. She was relieved to see that her assumption was correct, and that Cidori was leabning up against the wall in the classroom.

"What did you tell your friends? Not about the Soma's, right?" he asked.

"I... I didn't say anything." she said seriously. She then became overwhelmed with worry. "Oh no, were you afraid I was gonna go blab or something? I promise, I'd never do that!"

"That's..."

"My mom told me that only bad people spill secrets all the time, so please, I promise I'm not one of them!"

"No, I was concerned-"

"Look, if I have to, then we can even swear an oath!"

"No, just listen-"

"Apparently people do that a lot, so if that's what you want-"

"That's not the issue here!' Chidori suddenly yelled, pinning her to the wall. "I'm sorry, but even if you don't tell anyone, there's a chance that your memories may be erased." Sachi gasped. "Well, it's more like a strong form of hypnotism." he took a deep breath. "A long time ago... I was playing around with some friends of mine. We were playing tag, and a girl accidentally bumped into me, similar to what happened to you and Ishibuko this morning. I turned, and everyone found out about me. It was a huge mess, and everyone that witnessed it had their memories wiped." Yuki silently recalled the memory of after the event he described happen, when he was talking to the family head, Amy.

"Amy... Am I really so strange that I have to hide who I am...?" he asked the family head through the window to their house.

"Yes, you are." she answered. "Someone who seems like a human turning into a rat is obviously something abnormal. No one would understand you, and no one would bother to be your friend. People would be utterly sickened by your existence, and you would be completely alone." The young Chidori looked up at the closed window with tears in his eyes. "Is that what you want? Do you want everyone to avoid you?"

"Soma..." Sachi said suddenly, snapping Chidori out of his trance. "Are you okay?"

Chidori looked up slightly, but then removed his hand that was pinning her to the wall and looked away from her. "I'm sorry. But I'm not allowed to go against whatever Amy says is right for us. No matter what he says, I have to go along with it." he began to walk towards the door. "It's just... How it is."