TAPE IV: Meant 4 You

WASHINGTON, DC
Madrona Apartments - 2213 14th ST NW,

WASHINGTON, DCMadrona Apartments - 2213 14th ST NW,

Monday, August 9th

"This a collect call from Washington Corrections Center for inmate Sean." The female operator spoke through the phone.

"This call is subject to recording and monitoring. Preventing suicide is important. If you have concerns during this call, please contact the individual's facility to communicate with them to accept charges. Press one to refuse charges. Press two if-" Semaj cut the operator off by pressing three, accepting the call.

The young man place the blunt on his folded lips before sparking it up and taking in the smoke.

"Son?" Sean voice boom through the speaker of Semaj's phone.

"Wassup pops, they moved you again huh?" Semaj says, blowing smoke out his nose.

"Yeah, they fucking with me and shit. You good?" Sean asks, "Brandon said you ain't show up today."

Semaj kiss his teeth, "I overslept, fuck that nigga always worried about me for?"

"Chill, Semaj. That's still yo' uncle at the end of the day. That's my brother, I trust him and I want you to listen to him; he knows what he doing." Sean advise, taking up for Brandon as always.

Semaj heavily sigh, realizing every time he gets on the phone with his father his high is blown.

"I heard Jay was shot last week." Sean says, "Take care of the funeral and send his mother some flowers-make sure they white."

"Already done that." Semaj nod his head.

Semaj father was facing thirty-five to life in prison, currently on his fourth year on trial with no bail. The state was dragging this case out to collect the "evidence" against Sean.

Sean step into the drug business at thirty but decided to traffic guns and drugs five years ago; getting caught up by the FBI in less than a year. Sean learned his lesson and decided to move smarter and quiet.

He left his brother Brandon in charge and as much as Semaj didn't care for the drug business, he didn't give a fuck about Brandon.

Symere is Semaj's older brother. Symere was the one who Sean was suppose to grant his empire to but it was given to Brandon so the boys were a bit bitter.

After chopping it up with his father there was only one minute left on the collect call so they decided to say their goodbyes.

Semaj check his notifications, seeing 2 attachments sent from Kamauri causing him to click the iMessage icon.