1 | before the party's over

A/N: Please vote! It really does help, and it lets me know that you like my story, giving me more motivation to write. I appreciate comments as well. Thanks for reading!

"Lucy, where is my food?" I heard a voice coming from outside the bedroom. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at the clock.

It was 7:42.

"Oh, damn it, I overslept!" I exclaimed, jumping out of bed and rushing to the kitchen. Chris was already seated at the table.

"I'm so sorry, Chris, I didn't hear my alarm clock," I apologized.

"Just admit you're lazy, Lucy," he retorted, eyes fixed on his phone screen.

"But I'm not—" I began, but he cut me off.

"Just get me something to eat quickly, or I'll get really angry with you!" he demanded, now fully focused on me.

I stayed silent and quickly prepared his breakfast. It was better not to provoke him; I didn't want another outburst like last time, with glasses shattering on the floor.

"Okay, here's your breakfast, honey," I said cheerfully, placing the cereal in front of him. He didn't even glance at me, so I decided to get dressed. As I started to leave, he grabbed my arm.

"Did I say you could go?" Chris demanded.

"No, I need to get ready. Let me go," I insisted, trying to free myself from his grasp.

"You'll do as I say. Now go and make me a coffee," he ordered, finally releasing his grip. I complied, even though I knew I'd be terribly late for work and Tim would likely be upset with me.

"Here's your coffee," I said, placing the steaming mug in front of him. "Wow, you're useful for something after all! Now, go get ready and go to work. I can't stand to watch you anymore," he sneered. I nodded and retreated to the bedroom.

He was nice to me when we started dating. We loved each other but after a while he became this entire different person. I tried to talk about it and eventually break up with him. But i couldn't. He knows i would not dare. They would fire me at work if Chris told them about my mental health,my self harm after the kidnapping.

After hastily getting dressed and applying some makeup to hide the signs of fatigue, I grabbed my bag and hurried to work. Surprisingly, Chris didn't say anything as I left.

I arrived at work an hour late, greeted by a flurry of missed calls. "I'm so sorry, Sir, I overslept," I apologized as soon as I saw Tim waiting for me. He simply rolled his eyes and gestured for me to follow him to the shop. "I'm really sorry, Tim. It won't happen again, I swear!" I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes. He stopped and looked at me, his expression shifting from annoyance to concern.

"It's okay, it happens. Now, go change, and I'll meet you in the shop," he said, his blue eyes filled with understanding. "Yes, sir," I replied, hurrying to change into my uniform. As I did, my phone rang, and I saw a message notification.

Message from Chris: "I know you're hooking up with that Bradford guy, Lucy. I will take everything away from you."

Damn, he's drunk again. Threatening to leave and take everything away, accusing me of cheating once more. I can't handle this anymore.

My chest tightens, and I struggle to breathe. Gasping for air, I clutch at my chest, feeling like I'm suffocating. My heart races, pounding in my ears, drowning out everything else.

I try to calm myself, to focus on breathing in and out, but it's like my lungs refuse to cooperate. Each breath feels shallow, inadequate, leaving me feeling more panicked than before.