'Unpleasant Encounter.'

* you guys are gonna hate me for this /hj *

Chapter 3.

[ Spud. ]

  "what.. wh spUD DO YOU MEAN THEY DIED?" Spud stared in horror, following the crowd slowly to see what was happening.

Their heart skipped a beat.

It...was true. There Lampert was, lifeless on the ground with grill marks all over. Spud felt a twinge of familiar deja vu.

Oh, right. The thing.

He cringed, looking away from the scene and walking off blindly-

he hit something, or someone, for that matter.

It was Poob.

Spud let out a sigh of relief. They were happy that he didn't have to encounter someone like...that alien.

Spud thought of the green cat that had done so much torment, let alone torture to him. Now he was...whatever you consider this is. They sighed, looking up at Poob.

"sorry..spud spud wasn't paying attention to where I was going.. my apologies..this is too.. much. spud for me I think.." Spud let the words trickle out slowly, taking breaks to make sure they didn't say anything he didn't want to.

Poob gave him a grin that could have lit up the darkest cave known to mankind. "its oka! I understand, its kind of hrd 4 me to do this too. it's kind of scarrie..! its hard 2 think that someon got lit by a wire and match, and stabbed right in the uppr chest in my own parti, its not fun 2 think abt.." They frowned. "if onl I wuz there to prevent them from....." 

They trailed off, grimacing.

Spud was washed by a wave of pity, which was quickly replaced by a rising suspicion.

Wait.

Poob hadn't seen the body up close before this, had they?

How did they know about the wires? Only a handful of people knew that. Bive had only told the ones closest to her that there were wires hidden in his lampshade- in this case, Poob was practically in the other room. They couldn't have just picked onto it like that.

Huh.

He remembered how Bive warned them about trusting anyone. Spud had already known the consequences of trusting people for a while. 

They probably saw his twisting face with suspicion, and they blinked. "uhm...I hop you feel bettr..." They gave an oddly pitiful blow of their horn as they walked away, head hanging down like a brick on a bendy straw. 

Spud forced themselves to not interrogate Poob right away.

I need to collect evidence before I do anything, otherwise blame could be shifted easily.