' Extreme Shock. '

Chapter 4.

[ Prototype. ]

Prototype instantly recoiled at the sight of Poob entering the room, giving a loud yelp of surprise.

"PROTOTYPE!!!" Poob exclaimed, running up to them and hugging him tightly. He awkwardly chuckled, patting them on the back.

"Ohhh.. uh.. Hey!" He anxiously stammered, looking at the corner.

It was gruesome, but he dare not to show any reaction in front of them.

For all I know, I could be standing infront of a serial killer!, he joked to himself mentally.

He wasn't thinking that he'd be right, though.

Not at all.

[ Pest. ]

He flinched at the sudden yelling, his senses instantly perking up. His mandibles twitched, and he quickly darted to where the yelling came from. He felt a bounding pulse building up inside his body slowly but surely.

He flung himself across the corner, breaking into the room. He looked around, seeing the area...it was dark. He couldn't see anything.

He grumbled in annoyance and worry, his red eyes glowing in the murky, damp room. He felt across the walls blindly, his hands gliding across the wall. He felt a tiny switch.

Bingo.

He flipped the switch quickly, not hesitating if it meant that he could finally catch who or what was causing all of this entropy.

But the light didn't give it's warm, easing glow.

The room stayed the same, vague and humid area it was before. He felt himself break a cold sweat.

Did the fumes blow?..

He shook his head, peeking out into the other room. The other areas of the house seemed perfectly visible and bright. His eyes ached at the contrast between the rooms. Pest rubbed his eyes uneasily, slowly blinking again.

Something, or someone, was infront of him.

He opened his mouth to scream- or at the least call for help- but something covered his mouth. His breath felt muffled, something being stuffed down his throat. It felt soft, yet it had a very uncomfortable smell to it. His head started to feel tingly, his vision blurring into diplopia...

Pest felt warm breath on his neck, but he couldn't move to do anything about it. He tried to turn his head, but his neck went numb and his muscles practically shut down. He felt himself fall to the floor, and his eyes narrowed against the darkness, trying to make out the figure that was towering over him.

Pest couldn't quite distinguish anything of it's character, however. He saw the faint silhouette crouching down and putting a cold, rough hand against his shoulder. It suddenly pushed down with such power that he felt it pop out of place. He gasped, the pain slowly distributing through his body. He swore he heard it slightly laugh at this.

It spoke in a low voice that was mostly unintelligible, but he managed to infer what it likely said from the bits and pieces he was able to pick up:

"Goodnight, VTL number 5."

That was the last thing he heard until everything blacked out, his eyes shutting like window blinds.