Chapter 3; First Day of School

Rin hung off of Séan's back. He had to suffer through the normal human classes alongside his brother-in-arms. Sure it was stuff they both already knew, but that wasn't the problem. All of the human teachers absolutely hated him because he fell asleep in each of their classes. Food and drinks were banned in the classrooms. So no energy drinks. No way to trick his brain into staying awake. Even when he was awake, they didn't like that he would tap his neck and desk.

Séan was by his side through all of it and didn't let any of the teachers threaten him or Rin. Séan responded to their threats of suspension, detention, or expulsion, by threatening back with lawsuits because they wanted to punish Rin for a documented medical and mental condition. Lawyers would be chomping at the bit to get their hands on that sort of case.

Rin was being carried toward their exorcist cram classes. Rin was interested in the variety of people in the class as well as the lessons themselves. His father was supposed to be sitting in on the lessons and Yukio was apparently a teacher's aid. He was curious who the actual teacher was.

Séan walked along a dirt path to a small outside classroom. Rin was placed on his feet and they both dispelled their human disguises. Rin's tail swayed behind him and water swirled around his it. Séan 's scales shimmered indigo and yellow. Rin's eyelids were droopy, but he chugged three energy drinks and was hopeful that he wouldn't sleep through this class. Although, just in case he did, he had his trusty recorder set up and he had Séan's notes to copy as a backup as well so he wasn't worried.

Séan opened the door with as much flair as possible.

Séan - "Heyo! What's up my new friends! I'm the amazing Séan Burke!"

Rin walked into the classroom right behind him yawning. Séan grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side. A staff with rings on it flew past Rin's head and embedded in the wall behind them. Rin paid it no mind and let out another yawn and started tapping against his leg while looking through his new set of classmates.

Three boys sat near the middle of the room, one with blond-brown dual colored hair, one with dyed pink hair, and a small boy with a bald head and classes. Blonde-brown hair boy looked like a stereotyped punk human with pierced ears and an eyebrow piercing above his left eye. Two girls sat across the classroom, one with short eyebrows and dark purple hair and the other with a brown bob.

Two rows behind the girls was someone wearing a hoodie covering their face and their attention was glued to a handheld gaming device. At the very back of the classroom, Egyn sat on a solid sheet of water above everyone's head, watching everyone. He had a look on his face that showed he was displeased, but was holding himself back.

Rin's attention kept going back to the boy with dual hair color. He was the most interesting to him appearance wise, but the angry look was directed at both him and Séan for some reason. He seemed to be good friends with the other two boys who sat with him.

Yukio - "Take a seat over by the windows. Suguro, refrain from attacking your classmates, or you will be sent to the principal's office. Now it's time for roll. Miwa Konekomaru."

Konekomaru - "H-here!"

Yukio - "Séan Burke."

Séan - "Heyo!"

Yukio - "Paku Noriko."

Paku - "Hi!"

Yukio - "Yamada."

The sound of an npc dying and the knocking of their psp on their table.

Yukio - "Suguro Ryuji."

Suguro - "Here."

Yukio - "Izumo Kamiki."

Izumo - "Here."