Act 3

(As the inspector continues with his questions, Eric, still unable to contain his furry impulses, suddenly dashes out of the house on all fours.)

Mr. Birling: (raising an eyebrow) "Well, I'll be damned. Looks like Eric's off to defecate in the garden again. It's becoming a bit of a common occurrence, isn't it?"

Inspector Goole: (trying to steer the conversation back on track) "Mr. Birling, if I may continue with my inquiries..."

Mrs. Birling: (exasperated) "Arthur, must you always bring up Eric's bathroom habits at the dinner table?"

Mr. Birling: (defensively) "Well, it's the truth, isn't it? Now, let's focus on what this inspector has to say."

(Outside, Eric paces anxiously in the garden, his furry instincts conflicting with his desire to maintain his human facade. He struggles to come to terms with his identity and the secrets he's been hiding.)

Eric: (muttering to himself) "What am I doing? I can't keep living this double life. But I can't let my family know the truth either..."

(Suddenly, Sheila emerges from the house, having followed Eric outside. She approaches him cautiously, trying to understand what's going on.)

Sheila: "Eric, what's wrong? Why did you run out like that?"

(Eric, torn between his furry instincts and his desire to confide in his sister, hesitates before finally opening up.)

Eric: "Sheila, I... I have something to tell you. I've been keeping a secret, and it's tearing me apart inside."

Sheila: (concerned) "What kind of secret, Eric? You can tell me."

(Eric takes a deep breath, steeling himself to reveal his true identity to his sister.)

Eric: "I... I'm a furry. I've been hiding it from everyone, but I can't pretend anymore. I don't know how to reconcile these two parts of myself."

(Sheila listens attentively, offering her support and understanding as Eric finally comes to terms with his identity. Meanwhile, inside the house, the conversation with the inspector continues, but Eric's absence is keenly felt by his family.)