Act 5

(Eric, still struggling with his furry impulses and the weight of his secret, reaches his breaking point. With great emotion, he confesses to the inspector, using euphemisms to describe his interactions with Eva.)

Eric: (voice trembling) "I... I had... lots of fun... with Eva that night at the Palace bar. We... we spent time together, you know, enjoying each other's company..."

(There's a tense silence in the room as Eric's confession hangs in the air. Sheila reaches out to comfort him, but he pulls away, overwhelmed by guilt and shame.)

Sheila: (softly) "Eric, it's okay. We understand. You don't have to carry this burden alone."

Inspector Goole: (gravely) "Thank you, Eric, for your honesty. Now, I need you to tell me everything you remember about that night. Every detail is important."

(Eric takes a deep breath, steeling himself to recount the events of that fateful evening, his furry mannerisms momentarily fading as he focuses on his confession.)

Eric: (strained) "We... we talked, we laughed... we danced... but then... things took a turn. I... I couldn't control myself. I... I wanted more, and I... I didn't think about the consequences..."

(Mr. and Mrs. Birling exchange concerned glances, realizing the gravity of Eric's confession. Gerald looks on with sympathy, while Sheila listens intently, offering her support to her brother.)

Inspector Goole: (nodding solemnly) "Thank you, Eric. Your honesty is appreciated. Now, I must continue my investigation. But remember, the truth always comes to light in the end."

(The scene fades out as Eric's confession weighs heavily on the family, setting the stage for the unfolding revelations and consequences to come.)