Vacay With A Hustler

"

Our vacation in the Bahamas was a much-needed escape from the chaos and danger that had plagued our lives in recent months. The sun-drenched beaches and crystal-clear waters provided a picturesque backdrop to our days of relaxation and indulgence. Hours spent basking in the sun, making love with a passion that ignited our souls, and indulging in the finest strains of weed that the island had to offer created a heady mix of pleasure and contentment.

As the afternoon turned to evening, the pangs of hunger began to set in, prompting us to venture out to a nearby restaurant. The vibrant atmosphere of the establishment greeted us with a welcoming embrace, the sound of laughter and music filling the air as women dressed in colorful bikinis danced around the dining area, their movements fluid and hypnotic.

Seated at our table, the owner approached with a warm smile, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes as he presented us with an ashtray and a small, neatly wrapped package. To our surprise, it contained a selection of premium weed, a complimentary gift meant to enhance our dining experience. The aroma of the herb wafted up from the table, mingling with the tantalizing scents of exotic spices and grilled meats that filled the air.

As we savored our meal, the strains of reggae music serenading us in the background, the evening took on a dreamlike quality, a hazy blend of indulgence and euphoria. The weed worked its magic, heightening our senses and deepening our connection, as we reveled in the simple pleasure of good food, good company, and a moment of respite from the trials and tribulations of our tumultuous lives.

"I can tell you have never been anywhere."D-Lock smiled

"Of course i haven't ...I'm still young."

"Fucking with me you will go many places. Just be loyal  and i got you."

I was loving the life that D-Lock was exposing me to and i kinda just wanted to drop Darius and move on with D-Lock wherever he was to go. He was more than just a hood nigga he was intelligent, funny, and slowly showing me his sensitive side. 

Day 2 of our vacation was a success and ended with dancing, music and good weed. On the third day i felt sick to my stomach. I looked at my calendar and noticed that my period was 15 days late. I shook my head because I've been messing around with Darius and D-Lock at the same time. I had to stick according to plan and not even let him know that i was pregnant. He was gone be dead anyway so i could just pass the child off as Darius'.  On our last night i was woken up by the sound of D-Lock on the phone yelling at someone.

"What do you mean ? Richie my money is gone? My jewelry is gone. What the fck were you niggas doing you was supposed to be guarding my spot?!"

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He pushed me away gently and i almost felt hurt by that. 

"Listen imma be on the next plane. Find that nigga man!"He yelled hanging up the phone. 

"Whats wrong?"

"We gotta go home. My spot was robbed."He said packing his belongings. I looked outside at the batiiful ocean once more and the dark,starry sky that hung above it before packing my belongings too. We exited the hotel and boarded the next plane back to Pennsylvania. I was tired and D-Lock sat in his seat angry the entire time. Once we got back to his hood there was five cars parked in front of his house. It was 4pm and the sun was beginning to set. 

We walked into the house and his homies were lined up against the wall with guns in their hands. 

"Now what yall find out mane. I need them niggas in my crib and in the pit today!"He yelled

"Some nigga from the southside...Darius Brown..."one of his friends Mayhem said. Mayhem was short,puertorican with long hair that he wore in a afro. He reminded me of Bizzy Bone from Bone Thugs & Harmony. 

"Oh yeah. So i guess this is how I'm repaid for putting his ass on. Bring that nigga and his folks  here imma put him in the same pit we putting his mother and sister in." D-Lock laughed angrily

I walked upstairs to D-Lock's office and watched as his homies left out only to return later with Darius bloody and talking shit. His sister and mother were tied up and crying.

"Darius. you got us into this shit boy you best get us out of it!"His mother yelled. She held the cross that hung around her neck tightly. 

His sister was crying and pleading for D-Lock to let her go.

"Shut the fuck up. Drug them bitches and drown them."D-Lock said to Mayhem and his other home Feese.

I watched as Mayhem and Feese walked off with Darius'mother and sister.

"MAMA..!"Darius yelled.

"Don't cry now boy. I been telling you your whole life to cut this shit out!"She said with tears flowing down her cheeks. I could hear his mother praying sofly and his sister being drowned in water first before her. 

D-Lock stood Darius up and stood back pointing the gun at him. 

"I gave your broke ass food , money in your pocket, a job and respect out here..and this how pay me?"

"I'm sorry Lock..."

The deafening sound of gunshots reverberated through the air, shattering the stillness of the night. My heart lurched in my chest as I watched in horror, frozen in place, as D-Lock's violent wrath unfolded before my eyes. The sight of Darius crumpling to the ground, blood pooling around him, sent a shiver of fear down my spine. Panic seized me as the harsh reality of the situation sunk in - D-Lock had just shot a man in cold blood.

As the chaos and violence erupted around me, a photograph fluttered to the ground, drifting down like a leaf caught in a gust of wind. With trembling hands, D-Lock snatched it up, his fingers brushing against the familiar image of Darius and Sean. The realization hit me like a punch to the gut - Darius had been a protector, a friend, and now he lay lifeless on the ground before me.

Before D-Lock could react, a surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins, propelling me down the steps and out the front door of the house. The urgency of survival spurred me forward, my feet pounding against the pavement as I fled into the darkness, the echoes of D-Lock's voice ringing in the air behind me.

I could hear him yelling my name, his anger and desperation palpable in every syllable, but I refused to look back. The night air whipped past me, sweat beading on my brow as I pushed myself to run faster, to outrun the danger that pursued me. Every breath felt like fire in my lungs, every step an act of defiance against the grim fate that lurked at my heels.

The world blurred around me as I sprinted through the labyrinth of streets, my only focus on reaching safety. The weight of fear and uncertainty bore down on me like a heavy burden, the specter of violence looming large in my mind. But I pressed on, fueled by the primal instinct for survival that pulsed within me, driving me onward through the inky shadows of the night.

As I ran, my thoughts raced, a jumbled mess of fear and desperation and the burning need to protect Sean, to keep him safe from the dangers that encroached on our lives. The image of Darius' lifeless body haunted me, spurring me forward with a newfound resolve. I had to get to safety, to ensure that Sean and I would survive this night of horror. And so I ran, my footsteps echoing in the lonely night, a lone figure racing towards an uncertain future.

"Get to safety...get to safety."I kept saying to myself as i ran through the dark streets.