II: Museum

Perseus wasn't either a hero or villain because he killed monsters.
╭──╯
ੈ✩‧₊˚ A pen? For what purpose?

The screen opens to a museum and rousing instrumental music starts playing

"What you see here, they are not fictions. They are not fantasies. What you see here are the truest and deepest parts of yourselves." Mr. Brunner v.o said as it shows the statues of the gods and goddesses.

"What are those?" Aegon asked drunkenly.

"Statues of gods and goddesses, Aegon," Alicent replied, annoyed with her son.

"Well, sorry," Aegon muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Those green cunts have more problems than us," Daemon whispered. Rhaenyra glanced at him. "I mean, Aegon is a drunken fool, Aemond is just another copy of me, Helaena is herself, and the other one is nowhere to be found," Daemon continued in a hushed tone.

The scene changed and we see Mr. Brunner in his wheelchair. He stood at the front of them, his voice echoing off the walls. "Friends… the gods… the monsters, the heroes you see—"

Alkmini looked on quietly, her eyes looking straight at him.

"Here in this room are reminders of what we are capable of. Now, on your worksheets, I want you to choose one of the subjects you see here and describe it." Mr. Brunner v.o said.

Alkmini glanced down at the worksheet in her hands, held in place by a clipboard.

"What the hell is that?" Otto asked aloud.

"It's a clipboard, Otto," Balerion replied, feeling tired of the Hightower's questions.

"It was just a simple question," Alicent interjected unnecessarily.

"Shut up," Balerion snapped.

Aemond wanted to say something, but he knew better.

Mr. Brunner's voice was insistent. "Not just how it looks…"

The words on the worksheet began to blur and mix together in Alkmini's vision. Frustrated, she looked up at Mr. Brunner.

"Why do the words do that?" Viserys asked, confused.

"Dyslexia," Balerion responded, and Viserys nodded, trying to understand.

"I think she even had it when she was alive with us," Rhaenys whispered to Rhaenyra, her voice filled with sympathy.

It's true. Malaera couldn't read well, and everything looked jumbled up and weird to her. They did take notice, but dismissed her struggles as mere incompetence. People believe that's one of the reasons she died—unable to follow written instructions correctly, she faced a tragic accident.