62 | Silent Treatment

70 votes

_________________💕________________

Mishti's POV. -

I came downstairs while thinking about Siddhant ji. But my steps halted near the stairs when I heard the laughing and chattering sounds coming from the hall. I peeked in to see Maa and Chachi sitting on the couch. Across them, Baba and Madhuri Bua were sitting. I gulped seeing them talking and smiling.

"Maaf kijiye Neeta ji. Hum subhah pooja me aan nahi paye."

(Forgive us Neeta ji. We couldn't come to the pooja in the morning.)

Bua said making my stomach twist. I know for a reason if Baba sees me, he will get angry. So I decided to go into the kitchen without them noticing. I inhaled deeply and started to walk towards the kitchen trying not to catch anyone's eye. But my body flinched when I heard Maa calling.

"Mishti!!"

I stood numb in my place and bit my lips. I slowly turned around and tried to bring a smile to my face.

"Ji Maa?"

(Yes Maa?)

I took small steps forward while fiddling with my fingers. Maa smiled at me but my gaze kept going towards Baba. He was staring at me with a plain expression making me feel nervous.

"See your father is here. Sit and talk with him for a while."

She said with a bright smile but my body was shivering. I gulped and glanced at Baba before smiling nervously.

"Yes, Maa. I was just..."

"Where's Surbhi?"

Madhuri Bua cut me off and I took a deep breath. I lowered my head and tried not to show my distressed expression.

"She's in her room. Wait I will call her."

Chachi said and was about to get up but Baba shook his head.

"No need Purva ji. We will go and meet her in her room."

I fisted my hand hearing Baba's voice. I glanced up to see them standing up. Maa and Chachi also stood up.

"Yes, sure. Mishti, go show them Surbhi's room."

My eyes widened a little and I gaped at Chachi. I wasn't able to deny it.

"Chachi-"

"Mami."

I stopped and turned around to see Kabir walking inside the house. He smiled and came to stand beside me. He raked his gaze around before looking at Maa.

"I didn't know we had guests coming over today."

He said while chuckling. Maa smiled and shook her head.

"He's Surbhi and Miahti's father. And their Bua. And Chirag Bhaisahab, this is Kabir. My sister-in-law's son."

Maa introduced and Kabir greeted them by joining his hands.

"Mishti. Go, take them to Surbhi's room."

Maa said making me lick my lips. I blinked rapidly before forcing a smile on my face and nodding lightly.

"Badi Mami, do you mind if I take them?"

Kabir asked making my head spin towards him. He smiled softly making me blink and stare at him.

"No Kabir it's completely fine."

Chachi said and Baba also nodded making him walk ahead and guide them towards Didi's room. Before leaving, Kabir gave me a mild smile leaving me confused and curious.