82 | Breaking The Boundaries

I was waiting for the votes to be completed but felt disappointed and updated. I assume you guys vote on this chapter as it's coming to an end.

Your response to this will help me decide what to do about the next book. So response is expected.

90 votes...

_________________💕________________

Siddhant's POV. -

I inhaled deeply while closing my eyes. Patience is the last thing I can have now. Especially after when she just teased me like that. Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm my fluttering heartbeat.

Obviously, it would not work, but I had to calm down. It's my sister's wedding. I gulped trying to distract myself from all the things that just happened and drank a glass of water before walking out. I brought a smile on my face and walked towards Bhaiya.

I saw Bhabhi and Mishti bringing Rakhi and helping her sit in the Mandap. I smiled softly seeing my little sister looking so beautiful in the wedding attire. She had a lovely smile on her face and the glow was nothing less. Bhaiya patted my shoulder making me look at him. He smiled making my smile stretch as we watched our little sister getting tied in a lifetime vows.

"Kitni jaldi badi ho gayi ye."

(She grew up so fast.)

Prem said with a chuckle. I looked at him and could feel his eyes glistening. Although he and Rakhi always fight, he loves her as much as any of us do. He has always been protective of her.

I placed my hand on his shoulder making him glance at me. I gave him a reassuring smile making him blink and smile wider.

"It's good. Now no one will eat my head for pocket money."

Prem said making us laugh. The rituals started and I couldn't help but feel a little heavy. No matter how much I deny it, I know without Rakhi, this house will no longer be chaotic. She's the life of our house.

My sight fell on Mishti walking off the Mandap and standing with Maa. My eyes couldn't look away from her. She was wearing a very beautiful peacock green lehenga. The baby hair fell on her face, making her caress her cheek lightly. I couldn't stop myself from gazing at her in a way that made my stomach flip. Her neck was covered under her jewellery, but still, I could see the love bites on it. Her small waist peeked from her dupatta and gave a glimpse of the waist chain she was wearing. I bit my lips feeling the urge to tangle my finger in that thin chain and pull her closer.

I lowered my gaze as my heartbeat escalated. My throat ran dry and I fisted my hands at the throbbing sensations.

The Priest called for Chachu and Chachi for the rituals of kanyadaan. I shook off the not-so-saint thoughts and tried to focus on the function.

The wedding rituals moved ahead and as the moments passed, I could feel everyone getting emotional. Chachi was almost on the verge of crying when she placed Rakhi's hand in Virkam's.

I could not stop myself from glancing at Mishti. I saw her side-hugging Maa while looking at Rakhi with a small smile. A small smile tugged at my lips. We never got to experience any of it. No rituals, no celebration, no vows. Just a strong thread that bound us together in a single moment where we became one.

Blinking, I looked towards Rakhi when they got up for the pheras. I don't know why suddenly I was feeling heavy. I still remember when she started walking for the first time. Bhaiya was so happy that he did not keep her down even for once. And Prem, that stupid would just throw her toys around so she would walk and get them back. I chuckle remembering how she used to run around the house with her little anklets echoing loudly.