optimistic

When they got out of Mycroft's limousine and stood in front of the house, Gregory was already impressed.
The house consisted of ground and first floor and was already very beautiful from the outside.
Mycroft took Greg's hand.
"Come on, let me show you around, and we'll see what's what, okay?"
Greg nodded and followed his boyfriend out the front door.

He was quick to admit he liked it on the inside as well.
There was a large living room with a cozy fireplace and a wide window front that gave a view of a terrace and a beautiful garden.
A large, bright kitchen.
There was also a small bathroom, a study and a library downstairs, also with a view of the garden.
Upstairs were the bedroom, two guest rooms, another study and a large bathroom. With a freestanding bathtub.

Gregory was immediately enthusiastic about the bathtub. He wrapped his arm around Mycroft's hip and said with a smile:
"A bath here with you after a hard day's work - there's something to that thought."
Mycroft kissed him gently on the cheek, nibbled his earlobe and whispered:
"And it gets better."
He took Greg by the hand and pulled him back down the stairs to the basement. There were utility and storage rooms, and then, yes, Myke showed him a room with a Jacuzzi and a wooden sauna at the back.

The whirlpool was lined with marble.
Mycroft had had candles spread all over the rim, flickering quietly in front of him. A champagne cooler with a bottle of champagne and two glasses were placed on a slightly wider shelf. And a bowl with red, juicy strawberries.

Gregory looked at the scene with big, shining eyes.
"You look like a child at Christmas," said Mycroft.
"I feel like one," Greg said. He was positively glowing.
"Well,' said Mycroft, and his hands wandered under Gregory's jacket.
"Let me take you into that hot pool and pamper you to the max. Perhaps I can persuade you of the merits of this house."

Gregory listened to himself.
If he wanted to be honest with himself, he had to admit he'd fallen in love with this house long ago. But most of all, he fell in love with the idea of living here with Myke.
So he turned to him and said:
"Just try it. It might just work."

Mycroft sighed in relief. It looked as if his Gregory wasn't totally unwilling after all.
He began to slowly and lovingly undress his loved one. ...stripped off his jacket, turned his attention to the buttons on his shirt. ... while repeatedly giving him tender kisses on the neck.
The shirt fell to the floor and the kisses now covered Greg's shoulders, chest and belly.
Myke sat down on his knees and began to undo the belt of Greg's pants. He pulled the pants over his hips and let Gregory climb out. Then he tapped gently on his left foot, lifting it up and wiping his sock off. He repeated this with the other foot.

Greg was now only standing in front of him in his underpants. He was wearing those black, tight-fitting pants that Mycroft found extremely sexy on him.
The clearly visible bulge that was visible in them and the soft moaning that Greg made showed him that his tenderness did not leave his sweetheart cold.
He nibbled gently at the waistband of Greg's underpants. Greg moaned again.

As Mycroft gently pulled the underpants down, Greg's penis literally jumped out of them, happy to be free from the tightness.
Myke laid his hands on Gregory's buttocks and clawed into them, kissing the wet, shiny glans and using it to elicit satisfied, cooing sounds from his darling.
But before Greg could lose himself in these feelings, he got a pat on the bottom and the command:
"Now off into the water with you. I'll be right behind you."

Gregory slipped into the lovely warm, slightly bubbly water. It was wonderful, and he was comfortable. He watched with delight as Mycroft stripped off his clothes and joined him in the pool. He put his arm around him and pulled him up.

For a few minutes they lay arm in arm in the water.
Then Mycroft turned his face to Gregory and looked at him with his bright eyes.
"Gregory, I would like to propose a toast to our home together. Have you decided to take that step with me?"
You could tell he was nervous.
Gregory nodded.
"Yes, Myke. You can open the champagne. I would love to live here with you. But I have a few conditions."
Mycroft looked at him questioningly.
"First, we'll both work out what proportion of the house I can afford on my salary. I'll consider that an interest-free loan from you, and pay you back piece by piece."
"Gregory, you know that's not necessary..."

"Yes, it is, Myke. For my self-respect."
He poked his finger on Mycroft's nose.
"Secondly, you will never buy anything expensive again without checking with me first. And by expensive, I mean expensive in my sense, not yours."
Mycroft nodded.

"And the final condition. I know it's a bit early for this. ...but, um... ..I'd like to buy the rings one day, if we're going to be even more connected. And I'd like to know if there's any chance at all. That you might say yes someday."
Gregory was blushing and smiling sheepishly.
Myke took a deep breath.
"Yes," he said. "Oh, God, yes, Gregory. I'd say yes even now!"
Greg beamed with satisfaction.

He picked up a strawberry and held it to Mycroft's mouth.
...and he bit it. Greg put his lips to his lover's and nibbled a piece of the sweet fruit.
"Basically we're engaged now," he mumbled into the kiss.
"Oh, Gregory", sighed Mycroft, "I love you so!"
...and he squeezed it tight.

They toasted with the champagne. It was a very fine one and they enjoyed it, enjoyed the glory hours.
And they were both looking forward to their future together.
It was nice to know that they would no longer spend the years ahead of them lonely, but that there was a person with whom one could feel at home.
Loved and protected.