Two

GRACE'S POV:

I woke up in a good mood, since it's finally Friday! Meaning I survived the first week.

For today's outfit, I decided on wearing something comfortable. Cream-coloured sweater with baggy jeans and white Converse. And how could I forget my silver necklace?

The outfit:

I make my way downstairs and get ready to leave when I get a text from Aurora

RORA 🫶

Don't leave. I'll pick
you up in 10 minutes!

Thanks.

Thank God, I won't have to walk to school. Especially in this hot weather! I prefer colder days over warmer ones. They're just better.

I go to the living room and chill on the couch while I wait for Aurora to pick me up. Hopefully, today will be good. It already started out well since dad left for work earlier than usual.

I heard a car honking outside. That means Aurora is here. I quickly grab my backpack and rush outside.

I wave to her as I walk towards her car. She smiles as she sees me. "Hey girl!" Aurora says as I get into her car. "Hi." I reply.

"What did you eat for breakfast?" She asks me as she starts driving. "I- uh.." She sighs and throws a paper bag at me with a donut inside. "At least eat this."

"I'll eat it in school." I say.

"Sure you will. Grace, you have to eat something." Aurora furrows her eyebrows.

"I will. I'm just not hungry right now."

She sighs. "There's no point in arguing with you. How can I convince you to eat?"

"You won't. I'm just that stubborn."

"You better eat that later." She points with her eyes to the paper bag that's on my lap. I hum.

...

I enter the English classroom with Lucas and make eye contact with Ms. Jenkins. She looks really angry. For some reason, it's like she has been ignoring me all week. I swear she hates my guts.

I'm the smartest one in here; I stay quiet during lessons and listen. And she still has the audacity to hate me for no fucking reason. What is her problem?