Chapter 13: The Dragon is Slain!

After the dragon left the mountain and headed towards Lake Town, the people of in the town heard the noise and began to panic in fear that the dragon was awoken and heading their way. Bard knew this would come because when he heard the dragon awaken in the mountain due to the rumbling he and his children felt, he took out something from his home in which was a black arrow, the same black arrow his ancestor used to fight the dragon and swore he will kill the beast. Bard went out to put a stop to the dragon but not before the guards caught him and locked him in a cell but thankfully his son was with him and told Bain to hide the black arrow until he and Bain can regroup. Everyone in Lake Town were gathering their things to avoid being killed by the dragon who was on his way to burn the whole town to the ground but what the people and dragon don't is that a magical barrier was place around Lake Town to keep the civilians safe from the wrath of the Smaug. 

Right now Smaug arrived near Lake Town and began circling the floating town on the water where hundreds no thousands of innocent people were screaming in terror and try to either hide or run for their lives but there was no where to go

Right now Smaug arrived near Lake Town and began circling the floating town on the water where hundreds no thousands of innocent people were screaming in terror and try to either hide or run for their lives but there was no where to go. Bard who was locked in the cell was trying to break free or scream for someone to let him out but the guards who caught him have already left. 

Bard: Open this door! You hear me! 

Da!

Bard looked down and saw his son from the bellow the cell window and Bard was pleased to see his son but fear seeing the dragon in which Bard looked into the skies and saw the beast circling Lake Town. 

Bard: Son, you need to get me out of here and hurry!

Bain: I will be right there, hang on!

Bard: Where are Tilda and Sigrid?

We are right here da!(Two female voices said to Bard)

Bard: You need to get out of here, run before it's too late!

Sigrid: We're not leaving you!

Tilda: Is everything going to be all right da...

Bard: It's going to be ok Tilda, I promise. 

Bain heads into the building where his father is being held and soon broke the lock on the cell doors to free Bard who later hugs his son and the two headed out to meet with the girls. 

Bard: Where did you put the black arrow son?

Bain: Follow me. 

Bard: Stay close girls.

Bard and his children headed to the location of where Bain put the black arrow but unknown to them Smaug was coming down towards Lake Town and was unleashing his fire upon the people. When the dragon fired his attack on the town all of sudden the fire didn't hit anything because something was blocking the dragon's attack.