Prologue

A Few Months after the disappearance of Shadow Rider

Peter Parker landed on Avengers Tower falling to his knees, "Peter," said Carol as she walked up to him and helped him up noticing him missing an arm and eye.

"Jesus Peter what happened?" asked Carol.

"I ran into Clark," groaned Peter as Carol helped him to the infirmary.

Peter was laid down onto the bed, New York had gone to Hell shortly after Cain disappeared, gone to Hell was quite literal, weeks after Cain disappeared, a portal to Hell was opened, at first everyone thought Cain would be leading the army of the damned, but at the head of the army were Clark, Mephisto, Malebolgia, and Lucifer.

That day, the streets of New York were the sights of biblical horror scenes, as the streets ran red with the blood of the innocent.

The demons retreated at sun rise every morning, and came out during the day, and during the day, supervillains would attack.

The heroes did what they could, but between every demon, and villain trying to take over the city, they were failing, it was soon decided that they needed to find Cain, and the Midnight Suns, their first stop was the Suns hideout the Abbey, but all they found was Sara, the Caretaker of the Suns.

She had told them that the rest of the Suns had disappeared shortly after Cain, it was also found that Cain wasn't anywhere in their universe, Hell, the Dark Dimension, Heaven, no dimension of their universe.

Currently Sara, Doctor Strange, and several others were searching for the team of supernatural heroes, but there wasn't any sign of them.

Peter got out of bed and walked to the window, the sun was going down bathing the sky in a blood red hue, a foreboding sign of the demons on their way, every night the villains would retreat behind magical barriers meant to protect them from the demons.

Everyone would listen for the roar of that engine, the sound that signaled the Shadow Rider, was riding by, and he was on the hunt.

Every day they'd pray they'd hear him riding at night, and every morning they'd wake up to streets filled with corpses, like a scene out of the Castlevania anime, and screams and cries would fill the air as bodies were gathered.

"Cain, please, I know we hurt you, but please, the people, the citizens, don't deserve this, you always spoke of protecting humanity as a whole, mutants, humans, Inhumans, but their all dying, we're dying, we can't do this without you," Peter prayed.

Peter saw the sun set and he saw the silhouettes of demons flying up, Peter closed his eyes and took a deep breath, he grabbed his mask, prepared to go out and fight again against the demons and monsters, but he was teleported in a flash of light, as were many heroes, and villains.

When Peter opened his eyes he was in a theater, and he saw other heroes, and other villains, "hello my children," said a man that Peter recognized as one he and Cain had once met before.