Why Do You Hate Me So?

Chapter 4 ---------> Why do you hate me so?

Later on in the day, I was awaken by the sounds of chattering and a loud boisterous laugh erupted through the small house. My inquisitive side went to investigate the source, only to find that my mother is sitting on the couch, with a man. A man! So many questions boggled my mind at the sight of him in our house. Who is he? How did he pass the gate? How does he know my mother? Why is my mother smiling and flirting with him? Smiling and flirting! I checked again to see if my eyesight was not fooling me, surely it wasn't. My mother sat right beside this man, tall, dark and handsome, not even the slightest. So this is why she was so nice to me earlier, she needed to impress the unforgivable accident of a human being. How would I have a part in this, I asked myself.

"Aurielle, my sweetheart, come to mama," mother said in the sweetest voice possible.

Woah! Did I just hear right? I slapped my ears to get rid of the imaginary wall built around them.

"Aurielle darling," she said again

No, its still there, I thought. Wanting to enjoy this rare moment as much as I could, I stepped from behind the wall, where I was hidden and skeptically walked towers her. Who are and what have you done to my mother, I asked myself for the third time, thinking that this was all a dream.

"There you are! This is my friend Carlos, say hello."

"Hello," I said shyly.

"Hello," he replied.

''Isn't she just the cutest?" My mother asked him.

"Absolutely very cute" he replied with such lust in his eyes, you could practically see it radiating of his lanky body. I started to feel very afraid of this man. My mother seemed to have seen the way he looked at me and gave me a dirty look. She quickly told me to go back to my room, which I could then feel Carlos' eyes on my back as I walked away. Nothing good was going to come out of this day, I quietly thought disappointed. It'll just be like every other day, but today felt like it was going to be one I would never forget.

Me - Why was she so nice today? Her face looked like it was

suffering the way she smiled at that disgusting animal...

Myself - I agree with you... something is going to happen and its

sad to know that we can't help, poor Aurielle...

I - Its true, we can't physically help her, but whatever happens,

once its over, we are able to help her mentally...

"Mi nuh know weh fi do," I replied to my friends, "Mi neva like di way him look pan mi or even seh how mi 'very' cute."

All - Don't worry we'll be here for you...

The continuos sound of the adults kept ringing through the house, so I decide to play with Eliza and my friends, to distract me from getting too worried over nothing. We were having a tea party, when suddenly, the crash of broken glass was heard. Getting up quickly from my spot, I ran to the living room. Carlos' body lay sprawled out on the floor, while in mother's hand was half of a broken vase. The rest scattered on the floor beside Carlos.

"He... he... he... tri -" my mother began to explain, but was interrupted by the sound of Carlos groaning. Too shocked to say anything myself, I ran back to my room, not wanting to see the result of that incident. Quickly as I entered, Carlos seemed to gain back consciousness, then the argument started. Taking out the iPod I took from the little boy who tried to save me, (now dead and buried in the yard) I placed the earbuds in my ear and pressed play to the first song that popped up; Naughty Boy ft. Sam Smith - La La La