Chapter 6

"He thought he lost a part of himself after her. But the truth is... He lost everything." - Author.

*Aurora's POV*

He sighs, staring at my arms for a second.

"I get that you love hurting your body Aurora." Woah, he remembers my name. "But I was told to bring you to school in one piece. So, unless you want to fall off and break your bones, I'd suggest you hold on to my shoulders, rather than the back of my bike."

Wait, he was told to pick me up... I thought he offered?

Atticus clenches his jaw before surprisingly gripping onto my arms and he pulls me closer to his body.

Fam, I don't have a kink; I was trying to make you comfortable and last nigh—

My nose suddenly brushes against his, causing eyebrows to raise, and I gulp, staring into his eyes.

T-Too close.

He immediately turns back to the road and our lips miss each other by an inch, causing me to release a harsh breath.

O-Okay then, that was intense... Wait, what was even the point of the suggestion?

I sigh, feeling the warmth of his body against my fingertips, and I swallow down the anger.

At least, he said nothing about last night... Maybe, he didn't know I was watching him.

"Okay." I mumble, staring at the back of his head, and I let out a nervous sigh.

Atticus slowly wraps my arms around his waist and I suck in a breath, as my front presses against his back.

Holy mother of God.

Hesitantly, I place my head on his shoulder, as he starts the bike, and I let out a sharp breath, trying to calm myself.

The speed gradually increases, causing a slight build-up in sweat, and I tighten my grip around him.

***************

After a while, I start to fall asleep.

My hands slide down from his stomach, but I feel his arm's grip onto them as his breathing quickens.