Chapter 22

"He waited for her to come back. And continued to wait. And wait..." -Author

*Aurora's POV*

"WHAT. THE. FUCK. WAS. THAT?" Izaac shouts, gawking at me in shock, at the fact that I'm wearing nothing but Atticus' shirt and he widens his jaw.

Ah sheet.

"Erm..." I pause before biting my lip, as I don't really know what to tell him.

Like, I am wearing nothing but Atticus's shirt... Wow, I'm actually wearing Atticus's shirt. Holy F--

But, before I know it, Izaac suddenly drags me back into the house. "Bro, you're wearing his shirt! ATTICUS'S SHIRT!" He screams, causing me to wince.

Okay... Yes, I'm wearing Atticus's shirt. I realised that too.

I let out a breath of relief, as we finally stop and I plop myself onto my bed, staring back at him.

God... New York is really taking my breath away.

I sigh. "Someone spilt a milkshake on me and so I was showering it off. But, then that someone took my clothes... And, out of nowhere, Atticus showed up. He gave me his shirt, which in return, I gave my towel. And, voila, here we are." I say, letting out a groan and I lie back.

Fully mentally attacking Jess and Ruby in my head.

"Oh... I thought you 2 had some makeup sex or something. Would've been more fun." He says, letting out an exaggerated sigh, and sits back in my chair.

Makeup sex?

I choke on my spit.

"Of course not. I'm a child of God." I state, glaring at him, before subconsciously staring at Atticus' window, to check if he's there or not.

Definitely, would never have makeup sex with him... Never.

"Uh-huh, obviously trying not to look for him right now." Izaac hums, wiggling his eyebrows to tease me and he giggles.

I... I... I... Shut up.

"No, I feel bad because he gave his shirt. Instead of leaving or insulting me like before. Atticus cared more about my safety than... His insecurities?" I say, with a frown, and I stare back at his empty room.

I know, he said Bella would've ran him over... But, he came out of his comfort zone.

"Wow... To be fair, I don't think anyone of us really know the dude since he barely talks. So, maybe he's a big softie... Somewhere deep down in that dark scary heart of his. And, no one's ever seen him naked before. Not even seen him wear shorts, actually." Izaac says, tilting his head and he glances at the window.

Well, I hope I get to see that side of him... Or, have I already with him taking his shirt off as well as doing all the other helpful things he's done.

Is that his big softie side?

I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, has he never used the school showers before? Or ever taken his shirt off after fights?" I ask, biting my lip, as I accidentally imagine the thought of Atticus showering.

I mean, not him naked. Just him in the shower... The water running through his hair, causing it to flatten on his forehead and the droplets, sliding down from his chin to his chest—

"Perv." I hear Izaac whisper and I quickly look at his grin in embarrassment.

Sorry, Jesus.

But, the amount of blood, he had on him in the office.... He's had to take a shower at school, to wash the blood off, right?