1. Whispers of the forgotten

__________________________________

"Curiosity killed the cat."

__________________________________

──●◎●──

Cold.

Wet.

The young man's eyes fluttered open as he regained consciousness, the world around him unfamiliar and disorienting. He blinked against the dim light filtering through the alleyway as he tried to find his bearings.

An alleyway? How did he end up here?

He pushed himself up from the cold, damp ground, his muscles protesting with every movement. His head pounded with a dull ache, each movement sending a sharp wave of pain through his shaken body. Panic clawed at the edges of his consciousness as he surveyed his surroundings.

The alleyway stretched before him, dark, sinister. He could just see the top of towering buildings looming ominously overhead. Puddles of murky water dotted the ground, reflecting the faint glow of distant street lights. He choked on his breath as the stench of urban decay engulf him.

He staggered forward using the graffitied wall as support as he attempted to escape the claustrophobic alleyway. The need to escape gripped him fiercely; he had to get out of here, find his way home.

But as the word "home" echoed in his mind, panic surged within him again, threatening to consume him.

Where was home? Did he even have one? The memories eluded him, slipping through his grasp like grains of sand. Desperation pervaded his mind as he struggled to piece together fragments of why he was here. Actually, he couldn't remember anything. His breath hitched in his throat and his heart pounded against his chest as he struggled to recall who he was, where he'd been, and what had led him to this place.

Seonghwa.

The name resonated in his mind like a lifeline, a beacon of familiarity in a sea of confusion. Yes, he remembered that. He was Seonghwa.

Driven by a relentless desire for answers he staggered towards the exit of the alleyway, forcing his feet to go forward, his determination flickering like a candle in the wind.

From the corner of his eye, a quivering light caught his attention, drawing his weary gaze. Tense and cautious, he turned towards it, his heart pounding with anticipation. There, floating on the left wall of the alleyway, was a holographic message.

Seonghwa stayed still for a moment, his senses on high alert as he scanned his surroundings for any lurking presence. Convinced that he was alone, he approached the message, his curiosity mingled with apprehension.