Sickness and Health

Carlisle had found a way for me to eat without throwing up my food, but it wasn't something I ever wanted to do. The worst part is that what I had to drink didn't taste disgusting like I hoped it would. He wasn't sure how much longer this would help keep me alive, but at least I had more energy, and color was returning to my face. I didn't look like a zombie anymore, and Charlie looked less worried. The only thing that hasn't changed is the nightmares.

...

Charlie had wanted me to visit Renee with Bella and Edward, but I didn't want to. I used the excuse of needing to study because of how often I had to call out sick. Alice told Charlie I would be staying the weekend with her and Rosalie, and they would help me study when, in reality, I would be in Seattle with Clarissa and Alise. They didn't want me in Forks when Victoria would show up to be on the safe side.

"Scott's here~" Alise cooed as she sat on the couch next to me and hugged me with a big grin.

"You're not going to give up, are you," I said, looking at her with a small smile.

I've started warming up to her just a bit, but I still find her annoying most of the time.

"She doesn't know the meaning of the word." Scott scoffed as he entered the apartment.

"That is true. Thank you for coming on short notice," Clarissa said, kissing Scott on his cheek as she entered the room and sat on the couch across from Alise and me.

"It's my job to protect you...how long has that red-haired leech been after you?" Scott asked as he sat beside Clarissa, looking right at me.

When our eyes met, he stiffened, and so did I. I went pale and felt my heart racing. Alise let go of me and squealed while Clarissa gave me a sympathetic smile. Scott shook his head and opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him.

"I'm dying. I had a hunch, so I kept avoiding your gaze." I said, scanning his face, watching it turn from shock and love to pain, fear, and confusion.

"You don't look like you're dying." Alise frowned, then she looked out the window, her eyes narrowed as she tried searching for something, probably my death.

Scott was staring at Alise, looking at her with a hopeful look. Clarissa put her hand on Scott's shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

"Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by dying?" Clarissa asked as Alise slouched on the couch in a huff, looking annoyed, while Scott turned his gaze back to mine.

"It's a long story...or I can give you the summary," I said, looking away from Scott and Clarissa. Looking at Scott made my heart ache, and I felt the pull to hug him and tell him I would be okay, even though I knew I wouldn't be.

"We have time," Alise said, scooting closer to me so her knee touched mine for physical comfort.

I thought about where to start and decided to start with Bella coming to Forks. I told them I knew the Cullens were Vampires before Bella had come to Forks, but I didn't want to get involved in anything related to the Supernatural, but then Bella told me they were Vampire herself, and I couldn't avoid it anymore.

Everyone thought I was relatively safe since Bella was at the front of James' mind, and they focused primarily on Bella's safety. I was going to meet some friends of theirs in the next state over, but James had got to me first. I hesitated to tell them what happened to me, but it came flying out when I looked at Scott. Alise got up and went over to Clarissa, and Scott jumped up and came over to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close, his hand going over both of my hands and gripping them tightly, his body shaking slightly as he pressed his forehead on the side of my head.

"He's dead right," Alise said, her voice cracking.

"Yeah...they burned him. Victoria, the red-headed leech, was his mate. She wants to kill Bella so Edward would feel the same pain she felt. She's obsessed with me because I still have some of James' venom in me, and she's been adding to it whenever she gets the chance. Trying to turn me into a Vampire." I said, leaning into Scott, sniffling,

"How is that possible? I thought you either died or turned right away," Alise asked, looking at Clarissa confusedly.

I told them what Carlisle had told me and what he had found out. My body was fighting against the venom; I had developed some antibodies since there was only a little bit of James' venom in me after the assault. But, because Victoria added her own, it wasn't enough anymore, and I was slowly dying; she was interrupted before she could entirely turn me. I was doing fine, eating raw meats for a few weeks before I wasn't able to keep down food at all; then, it became hard for me to drink any liquids until two weeks ago when I started drinking blood. I was able to keep regular food and drinks down after that.

"...Then, what if you were turned. Is it too late for that?" Scott asked, surprising Clarissa and Alise.

"Scott. You understand that she would becoming a Vampire. Your enemy. The stinky cold ones." Alise said slowly,

"She'll be alive," Scott said, looking at her.

I sat up and leaned back. He looked at me, and I stared at him in shock. I searched, looking for his Wolf to show a sign of disagreement, but there wasn't one. I cried, and he pulled me in a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him and grabbed onto his jacket. I was afraid of this too, after what happened to Artemis in my story; after she turned and Paul began to hate her, their bond broke.

"Even if you end up killing a person, I'll still love you." Scott said as he pressed his face into my hair.

"That's a bit morbid," Alise and I said. She sounded disgusted while I laughed a little.

"Now that's that settled. We can talk more tomorrow. We should all get some rest." Clarissa said,

"No funny business!" Alise shouted as she ran off before Scott could throw something at her.

"If you don't want to be lovers, I can be your older brother - ...I have more questions for you tomorrow," Scott said as he got off the couch and looked down at me, holding his hand out to me.

"I know." I smiled sleepily at him, taking his hand I got up.