Prologue

Lola and Adam Cromwell, natives of a small town in North Carolina, decided to move to Boston, Massachusetts, to get a fresh start. Adam, who lived on a farm and was nine years old at the time, met Lola, who was also nine years old when she and her family got lost on a road trip to go live with their family in North Carolina after Lola's parents decided they wanted to leave Mexico to give their kids a better life in the United States. It was love at first sight, and ironically, Lola's family, whom they would live with, lived in the next farmhouse, about two miles from Adam's house. Eventually, Adam and Lola got together, and even though their families did not care about their relationship, they were in the country, so news quickly spread. They then decided since they both wanted to go to college and move far away, to apply to colleges in Massachusetts.

Both got into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, packed up, and moved to Massachusetts. At 22, they had their first child, Jackson Cromwell, and then two years later they had their second child, Grayson Cromwell. Ten years later, they had their only girl, Raven Cromwell. They moved the short distance from Cambridge to Boston, Massachusetts. The Cromwells learned that the family that lived next door, the Sturniolos, had triplets a month older than Raven and a son who was around the same age as Jackson and Grayson.

Unfortunately in a turn of events in July of 2008, something happens which leaves Raven forced to live with the Sturniolos.