Chapter-5 So Shadowy

Arathrika's POV

The car ride was getting more uncomfortable with each passing moment

The car ride was getting more uncomfortable with each passing moment. While I felt uneasy, Vedang appeared to be having a great time, smiling every time our eyes met. He seemed unfazed by the awkwardness.

I look out of the window catching some air to get out of the suffocating awkwardness begging to be closed.

"What are you looking at the sky?" He said while I ran short of answer. Oh c'mon I can't tell him the exact reason. Can I?

I whispered, "Stars." not breaking my eye contact with the sky facing me.

"I don't think there are a lot of stars. It rained heavily just now." He replied, making my answer go lame.

"Well, but there are a few ones, More beautiful and glimmering ones than ever." I tried to use more and more nice words to coat up my embarrassment.

"Don't look at them for more time." He said, making me confused at his words. I asked, "and why should I do so?"

"They'll get embarrassed once they witness you. Shinier and prettier than them." He clearly tried to use a pick up line without any shame. And continued driving with a cute face and plastered smirk. I hit him at his bicep and he giggled out of the sweetness of the moment.

"Well tried. But I'm not flattered." I teased, when an unknown smile formed on my face.

"Then, Are you by any chance....," he took a pause then continued, "signalling me to keep trying these flirty lines with you?" And he adjusted his front rear mirror to my side so that he can savour every inch of my now red face, the tangled mess he made while he kept driving.

I couldn't hold my shyness and smile anymore, and again ran short of breath resulting in me looking out of the window in embarrassment.

We arrived at the Ivy Vine restaurant in about 20 minutes and he parked his car to the lot as we marched inside the place.

The restaurant is adorned with opulent crystal chandeliers, flickering candlelight, and plush velvet curtains. The tables are elegantly set with fine china, silver flatware, and fragrant bouquets of fresh flowers. A grand piano in the corner of the room softly serenades the diners with melodic tunes. The walls are adorned with ornate oil paintings and gilded mirrors, creating an atmosphere of old-world glamour.

The waitstaff, dressed in crisp white shirts, black bow ties, and tailored jackets, are attentive and knowledgeable, providing impeccable service as they cater to the patrons' every need.

We marched towards our desired table at the corner most of the room. And Vedang signals me to have a look at the menu.

I ordered a Garlic Risotto and he blindly followed my choice for himself as well and the waiter reached towards our desk to take our order and left, leaving both of us alone.