22 | a confession

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

Sana returned back home after a long day at work. She had to respond to bizarre questions for her editor's advice column and then work on the transcript. She was also made to work with photographers for the cover of the magazine.

She patted her shoulder, locking the door behind her. She turned around to find Shrest seated on the kitchen counter, scrolling through his phone.

"How was your day?"

"Busy."

Her eyes hurt and her back hurt even more.

Shrest turned to her. "You look really tired."

She hummed, not having the energy to even speak. She placed her bag on the sofa and dropped down on it, closing her eyes.

"You have a holiday tomorrow, don't you?"

Sana nodded.

"Let's go out somewhere-"

"I can't. I have plans. I'm going back home for a day. Staying overnight." She inhaled deeply.

"Ah, I see."

Silence.

Shrest turned back to his phone, rapidly typing something between pauses and intervals.

"I'll take care of the cooking so go and rest in your room."

Sana's eyes slowly opened. She gazed at Shrest. "You just love cooking, don't you?"

Shrest smiled, placing his phone down. "I love cooking for people I like."

Sana's smile froze.

He noticed it. "What? Is it that much of a surprise?"

Sana sat up a little.

"I like you in a romantic sense and I want to make you my girlfriend. But you already know that, don't you?"

"...I do."

"I'm not trying to pressurize you. I'm just saying it. Take your time, think about it and let me know. Is that alright?"

Sana nodded, dazed. 

After a few moments, she asked, "Why do you like me?"

"That's an impractical question. You like pasta. Why do you like pasta?"

Sana blinked. She didn't have an answer. She just liked pasta.

"Exactly."

After a long pause, he continued, "Ever since we were young, you've enchanted me. Every little move, word, everything. Everything about you enchants and I can find no way out of that trap."

A meaningful glance was directed at her. "You had best take responsibility for that."

Sana narrowed her eyes. Although she didn't completely understand his complex 'enchantment' and 'trap' stuff, she said, "You were foolish enough to fall into the trap. How is that my fault?"

Shrest chuckled, not responding.

Sana looked away. She picked up her bag and went into her room.

Now, she really did need to go back to her mother's place and ruminate over everything.

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

wordcount: 390 words

author's note: one of the shortest chapters in the book and we've just had an official confession!