Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Entangled in a Turbulent Life

As Adela walked into her wing, she looked around the room. It was more airy than usual. She frowned and her gaze slowly settled on the high windows throw which a cold breeze soared through.

"Ethan," Adela said, knowing he was behind her.

"Yes?" he said in a lazy voice.

"Who opened the windows? I thought I said it very clearly that no one shall do so without my permission."

Ethan moved beside her and stopped chewing on his gum. A slight frown spread across his face and he quickly hid it.

"I'll take care of it," he said, looking at his I-pad and typing.

"Mhm," Adela said, walking to her davenport and pressing a toggle.

The drawer pushed open and she pulled out a picture. It was herself with Eurus and her father on her graduation. She smiled at it and ran a finger through the page.

"Ethan," she said, her smile dropping.

"Hmm?"

"What is this?" Adela said, pointing at the back of the picture which was splattered with red. Blood. Human blood. In the midst of the splash, there was writing. It was bold and clear.

Ethan came closer to take a look.

"Oh," he said.

"Oh?" she inquired.

"Oh. I'll call Sebastian," he said, nodding.

"OH!" Adela said angrily.

"Oh," he said, putting down his I-pad.

"I don't want Sebastian to be here so-"

"Sebastian reporting."

Adela glanced at the door, where Sebastian now stood with a handgun in his hands.

She gave Ethan a death stare who simply shrugged.

"You don't need to come in like this all the time," Adela said. "Imagine I call for you and you bring your entire team with you and barge in like this and get to know that I only wanted my tea to be hot enough."

Sebastian ignored her and came over to her.

"Oi, this is mine!" Adela said, taking the picture back from Sebastian.

"Miss, I need to take a look."

"If you do, you'll get a punch in the face, and I an hour-long lecture."

Sebastian knew what she was referring to. Magnus.

"Don't you dare," Adela warned him.

"Miss, this is my duty. I need to know what this is."

"Show it to him," a familiar voice uttered.

Speak of the devil.

"No," Adela said.

"Give it," Magnus said again, growing impatient.

"Just give it sis," Edmund mumbled.

Adela rolled her eyes and handed the note to Sebastian.

"It is a location and time," Sebastian announced.

"No shit, Sherlock," Adela said, falling back to her chair and stretching.

Sebastian looked at her, unamused. Magnus took the note from his hand and put it into his pocket.

"Hey!" Adela exclaimed, "That's mine!"