Baby Blue

Rydel's P.O.V.

I felt Ratliff's head lean on my shoulder and his eyes peer over my shoulder to look at our little boy in my arms before us. The boy was a spitting image of Ratliff but with my blonde hair. His tiny little fingers wrapped around Ell's massive finger, as Ell stroked his cheek with his other fingers. I smiled down at our little boy, "I love him Delly," Ell whispered in my ear. I felt tears wash over my eyes and I smiled bigger at him, turning my head to the left and kissing his cheek.

"I love him too, Ell," I whispered as I yawned.

"Get some rest Dell, you look exhausted," he said with a concerned face.

I giggled at him, "It's cute how you worry about me," I said with a smile on my face looking right at him, as he came to stand in front of me. I kissed the little boy in my arms, "Goodnight my baby boy. Sweet dreams," I cooed.

Ratliff carefully picked him up out of my arms and kissed his forehead as he rocked him to sleep humming 'Here Comes Forever'. I watched him with a massive smile on my face, finally my little family that I had dreamed of since I was a little girl. And Ell was the prefect father too, the man of my dreams. I fixed the blankets on my bed and pulled them up over my chest as lent my head back on the pillows getting comfortable. I texted my mum and told her that everything went smoothly and that they could come see us in the morning. Ell finally rocked the little baby too sleep and placed him in the cot next to my bed, labelled with a tag saying 'Rory Mark Lee Ratliff' at the end. He kissed the baby on the head and stroked his little cheek as Rory held tightly on to Ell's finger with all his might slowly letting go as he became more comfortable. Ratliff put the small stuffed Rabbit, Rocky had bought for him next to his body and let Rory's finger slide onto the rabbit's ear.

I smiled at Ell as he looked over at me, "Now to sing you to sleep," He laughed, "Is there anyone else on my list?" He continued.

I giggled at him, "You really are the best Dad ever," I smiled at him. He came and sat down on my bed and intertwined our fingers as he held my hand carefully, almost as if he was afraid to hurt my fingers.

Ell smiled down at me and kissed my cheek, "That's the aim," He replied kissing my hand. "I promised that I will try my best and you know I don't break my promises." I smiled at him, tears running down my face, "Aww Delly don't cry. You're going to make me cry again," He said wiping the tears from my cheeks.

I giggled placing my hand on top of his on my cheek, "I can't believe it Ell. Our little family! It doesn't feel real," I smiled at him.

"You better believe it Delly," he whispered. He kissed me quickly before telling me to get some sleep. "I am proud of you Rydel, I love you," he whispered stroking my hair. "Goodnight Beautiful," He finished.

I smiled letting my eyes flutter shut, "Love you too, Ell. Love you Rory," I whispered before falling asleep.

Several hours later I woke up to Ell trying to calm down Rory as he whimpered. "Shh, Shh," he cooed whispering to Rory as he rocked him, carrying him over to the window. "Calm down Roar, I'm right hear. Daddy's here," He cooed at the little baby. "Shh, don't cry baby, you'll wake up your mother. She's exhausted, trust me," he continued to calm the little boy. He stood at the window holding the boy in his arms stroking his cheek and singing quietly to him trying not to wake me up but to get the baby to fall back to sleep. I closed my eyes listening to his voice, "I promise Rory that I will love you and your mother with all my heart forever and ever. I promise to be the best father I can be to you because I know your mother is already acing her job. I hope you grow up remembering the fun times you had with me and your mother. I love you Rory Mark Lee Ratliff, being able to call you my son and the son of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, makes me the happiest man alive and I feel so privileged and blessed," he said whispering but loud enough that I could hear him. He must think that Rory and I are asleep, I am not sure about Rory but I know I'm awake and I'm glad I heard that. Ellington is the sweetest, most loving, caring and funniest person I have ever met, I'm glad to be able to call him my husband and the father to my son. I fell back asleep with the sound of Ellington humming playing over and over in my mind. The next morning I woke up with the sun in my eyes, and a sleeping Ellington and Rory, sat next to me on one of the chairs that Ell must have pulled up next to my bed last night.