Season 4: Episode 1: Done Running

(A/U: The outfits up top are Winona and Sequoia's

(A/U: The outfits up top are Winona and Sequoia's. The men's outfit is Little Creek's outfit. Winona's dress, Shirt and leggings along with Sequoia's dress, Shirt and pants are made of buckskin animal hide.)

NARRATION

Third POV

"When the dead started walking... I was small, and alone. Until a man named Lee became my protector along with Winona. Lee protected other people too. But he couldn't save everyone." Clementine said. "You can never save everyone." Winona said. "The living were just as dangerous as the dead. A woman in our group named Lilly lost her dad. And then she just couldn't cope. She took the life that Lee saved." Winona said. "Lee left her on the side of the road. Lee and Winona taught me how to survive. He protected me as long as he could. But he got bit, because of me. And even in the end, he was still teaching." Clem said.

"Keep that hair short. Just not worth the risk. Lee wouldn't make it. He knew it was the end. He made one final request." Clem said. "He asked Clem to shoot him." Nona said. "And I did. Winona, her baby girl Sequoia and I met another group after that. Broken people, running from their past. There was a woman who gave birth to a boy named...Alvin Junior. AJ. He made it. But the mom didn't. And I started to take care of him. But then Jane left AJ in the snow. We thought he was gone forever. That was the last straw for Kenny. And without Lee around... I had to make the call. I couldn't. And Kenny killed Jane. It turned out AJ was alive. Jane hid him to make a point. Knowing what they'd done..." Clementine said. "Clem still decided we were better together. For AJ's sake and I agreed with her for Sequoia's sake. But like everything else, it wouldn't last." Winona said.

"AJ, Sequoia, Winona and I traveled to a New Frontier. I thought we found something that worked. But I was wrong again. They took AJ from me. Said I was too young to take care of him. I thought maybe they were right. I said my goodbyes. I regretted it later. "I searched for a long time with Winona and Sequoia. Just when I gave up hope... we found him. We're searching together now. For a place we can call home. I'm all AJ has. He's all I have, and I'll protect him with my life. Just like Lee did for me." Clementine said.

CAR

Winona's POV

Clementine, Winona, Sequoia and AJ drive along the road. She adjust the rear-view mirror to look at AJ, who is spinning the bullet chamber of a revolver. Sequoia is beside him while Winona is in the front passenger seat. "Whatcha doin' there, goofball?" Clementine asks. "Pretending we got bullets." AJ said. "Well, don't. It's getting on my nerves." Clementine said. "I don't like goofball. I'm too big for it." AJ said. "Huh, so I guess you're all grown up now." Clem said. "Yup. Let me drive!" AJ said. "I'm not letting you drive!" Clementine said.