Season 4 Episode 4: Take Us Back

(A/U: The outfits up top are Winona and Sequoia's

(A/U: The outfits up top are Winona and Sequoia's. The men's outfit is Little Creek's outfit. Winona's dress, Shirt and leggings along with Sequoia's dress, Shirt and pants are made of buckskin animal hide.)

NARRATION

Third POV

Last time on The Walking Dead. Since I can remember, Clem's always been there with me. Just like how Winona have always been there for Sequoia. They taught us to be careful. To be quiet. To be strong. To save the last bullet for ourselves. To kill people that try and hurt us. To show mercy, sometimes. I always listened to Clem. Always. But... I've been thinking more. I don't know if she's right every time. She told me to shoot her if she got bit. That doesn't feel right. We're doing a lot of bad things. To save our friends. To protect our home. And when Clem told me not to shoot Lilly... And she... she killed James. I got mad. So mad. I don't... I don't know what I feel anymore. I don't know if Clem knows either. But I remember all the rules. And the first one... is never go alone." AJ said.

BOAT

Third POV

Clementine wakes up on the boat, which is falling apart. Lilly will either be gone. Clementine stands up, and an explosion knocks her hat off her head and into the water. "Clem!" AJ yelled. AJ holds onto the edge of the boat. "Hang on! I'm coming!" Clementine yelled. There are several more explosions as Clem jumps over to a lifeboat. "AJ, you have to trust me. On the count of three, let go, and I'll catch you." Clem said. "Promise?" AJ asks.

"Promise. One, two, three!" Clem said. AJ lets go; he falls, but Clem grabs his hand. "Hurry, Clem! I'm slipping! Please, Clem! Help!" AJ yelled. Clementine pulls him into the boat. "Now what?" AJ asks. "We need to find a way down. This ship isn't gonna stay afloat much longer." Clem said. An explosion rocks the boat, fraying one of the ropes holding it to the Delta ship. "There! We can climb down from there." AJ said. "Well, we have to get there first. Okay, we've got to jump." Clem said. "It's far." AJ said. "I know it's far, but it's the only way. You'll have to go first. You'll need a running start." Clementine said. "I don't know, Clem." AJ said.

"Come on, you can do this, AJ. Just run, and jump. You got this." Clem said. "I got this... I got this!" AJ said. "AJ, what do we do when we're scared?" Clem asks. AJ takes deep breaths. "Better?" Clem asks. "Better." AJ said. AJ runs and jumps onto the part of the Delta ship that is more stable. "Come on, Clem." AJ said. Clementine tries to move across the boat as the explosions continue. The rope snaps, and Clem holds onto the seat. "Clem!" AJ yelled. "Get to the pier. I'll meet you there." Clementine said. "I'm not going to leave you." AJ yelled. "There's nothing you can do. I'll find a way there. Now go!" Clem said. Clem pulls herself up and jumps onto the railing moments before the lifeboat falls into the water. Clementine climbs across, avoiding some falling debris. An explosion knocks AJ onto the tarp and part of the railing breaks off. "Hurry!" AJ said. Clementine climbs to the edge of the railing. "You got this, Clem! Jump!" AJ said. Clem jumps onto the tarp moments before the railing collapses and the ship is hit with more fiery explosions. AJ and Clem climb onto the pier.