sᴜʟᴇɪᴍᴀɴ's ᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴏᴜs ɢᴇᴍ - Act 3 (By Seraphis88)

Later that day, Ibrahim decided to visit the royal children studying with their tutors. Ignoring Ahmed and Dilara, he went over to Mustafa and sat next to the young boy to help him learn to write. The other two children ignored them, finding Ibrahim to be very rude and disrespectful towards them and their mother.

After going over various letters to start with, Mustafa looked bored and told Ibrahim, "I will not learn. Let's go to the garden and play with swords."

"We will play," Ibrahim promised him, "but first write as I've shown you."

"I am eventually going to become the padishah," Mustafa said to the shock of everyone but Ibrahim, knowing that he and the Şehzade's mother had been promising to make the young boy the next Sultan. "Why do I need to read and write?"

"That is exactly why you must learn. You must read and know more than anyone so you don't make mistakes," Ibrahim told him brushing the boy's hair from his eyes, forgetting about who was in the room. Looking up he met the stern gaze of the eldest Şehzade as the seven-year-old boy and his younger sister both glared at the older man. "Knowledge prevents mistakes, Mustafa."

Walking into the room, Sultan Suleiman watched as his three eldest children looked up to see him. While Ahmet and Dilara got up to bow to him, Mustafa ran right into his father's arms.

"Baba! Save me!" Mustafa begged his father when he was in his arms. He watched his other siblings with a hint of arrogance in his eyes as they came towards them to kiss their father's hand before backing up.

"My sons and daughter," their father rubbed his hand over both their heads affectionately before asking, "What happened? Is the lesson with Ibrahim finished?"

With a smile, Ibrahim replied to his friend, "He says he is to be the padishah and asks why he needs lessons."

"Şehzade Mustafa," Suleiman slightly shook his son to get his attention, slightly unhappy with this train of thought that his second eldest son had in his head. He knew Mahidevran had him thinking that, but he didn't expect his closest friend to be encouraging it too. "Maybe you won't become the padishah. Maybe Ahmed will. Look to your lessons."

"I will be the padishah too!" Mustafa declared to his father.

"Guards!" Suleiman called as he decided to wave the matter off with a joke. "Take this Şehzade away and punish him! Take his head." He smiled at his young son while his other two children watched, wishing they were able to be as carefree as Mustafa was. But they were the eldest son and daughter of Sultan Suleiman, they had to uphold an image to make their family proud. However, they are grateful when their mother allows them to be children. Placing his son on the ground after kissing him, the Sultan opened his arms to invite his two other children into a hug.

Dilara was the first to accept the affection of her father and ran into his arms, the five-year-old wrapping her arms around his neck and nuzzling her face into his neck. Kissing her on her head, he tightened his arms around his precious daughter. Letting her go, he watched as Ahmed stepped forward and hugged him. The eldest Şehzade clutched onto his father tightly, not wanting to let go.

As soon as his two children stepped back, Suleiman stood back up and gestured for the three of them to follow him. Giving his sons practice swords, he, Ibrahim, and Dilara watched as the two brothers played with the guards. Ahmed was more refined in his fighting, having done it longer than his younger brother, and was able to hit his guard more times than Mustafa could.

When Mustafa was able to land a hit, he crowed, "You are dead!" Then he turned and poked his brother in the back, "So are you!"

While Ibrahim found this amusing, Suleiman and Dilara could see the dislike the younger Şehzade had for his older brother, likely from Mahidevran's influence. Hoping that his son would grow out of it, the Sultan called out, "Mustafa! Stop killing my guards! Who will protect me then?"