╰ no heart

credits: enkvyu

link: https://www.tumblr.com/saetoru/719951506051334144/imagine-rich-boy-gojo-finding-out-your-name-for?source=share

cw: rich boy! gojo, college au, fluff, established relationships, dramatic gojo which is consistent in every version of him no matter the au

studying with gojo satoru is the worst idea you could ever allow to happen—and yet, every time he asks, you let it happen.

"baby, aren't you getting my texts?" gojo pouts. it earns him an unimpressed glare from you as you look up from your textbook, a glare that makes him wilt while geto snickers from the corner.

"satoru, if you don't stop bothering me while we're supposed to be studying, so help me—"

"but it's funny, look," he whines. and before you can stop him, he picks up the untouched phone beside you, tapping the screen to unlock it. except, he doesn't make it that far.

suddenly the world stills. it stops spinning on its axis. and suddenly, gojo satoru's face is the dictionary definition of devastation.

"satoru, what's wrong," you furrow your brows.

"satoru. satoru? satoru?" he repeats, each time in more disbelief than the last.

"that's....your name, yes?" you raise a brow. and then realization strikes your features—or so he thinks. he's soon to find out he's mistaken. "oh, sorry," you snort, "toru, is that better? toru, get to studying—"

"my name in your phone is just satoru?" he asks, cutting you off like you've genuinely wounded him—the betrayal on his face and the shock in his voice are all too real.

you blink for a moment before you realize the source of his tantrum seems to be the contact name you have for him in your phone. only gojo satoru would find a way to make a big deal out of his own name, you think.

"well, yeah," you shrug, "it's your name. plus i had it set when i first got your number from that project. i hated you back then."

"you called me gojo back then," he squints accusingly.

"yeah that's because it was gojo satoru at first," you nod. from the side, you hear geto snicker again about the full government name to himself—which earns him a pillow thrown at his direction by gojo. "i deleted the gojo part when we started dating," you add.

"oh so you can delete my surname once we started dating but you couldn't even add a heart?" he asks, jaw dropped and eyebrows furrowed in that dramatic way he does. it's a bit cute, the way he's worked up over something so small—but it's also entirely theatric, making you roll your eyes.

"would a heart make you feel better, satoru?" you purse your lips.

"no! not if you don't add it because you want to," he huffs, "you might as well just say you don't love me!"

"satoru," you sigh in exasperation. maybe if you didn't have physics 1302 problems to work through—a whole six of them due before midnight, in fact—you would humor him in his elaborately dramatized attempt at getting your attention. but you have classes to pass and gpa's to maintain, so you purse your lips instead. "it's just a contact name. what's mine?"

"it's baby <3. with a heart. see?" sure enough, when his phone is turned to face you, it's baby <3. with a heart.

"i have an emoji in my contact," geto adds from the side, ever the instigator, "maybe it's because i'm cuter—"

"you gave suguru's an emoji?" he asks in distress, staring at you like you've told him you've cheated. you think you might hurt his feelings less if you did, with the way his lips are curled in a genuine frown.

"suguru set his own contact," you defend, shooting the nuisance in the corner a sharp glare. geto only offers you a sly wink in return. "i didn't realize you cared that much about contact names," you shrug, "i can change it—"

"no need," gojo huffs, holding up a hand to silence you as he turns away and sticks his nose in the air in defiance. "i'll just change yours to your full government name. see how you like it."

"satoru—"

"and you're not getting a heart either," he glares, deleting the <3 slowly just for show, making eye contact with you so you know the severity of your actions.

you roll your eyes, snatching your phone back as you shake your head. "if i make your contact baby <3 with a heart because you're my baby, will that cheer you up," you sigh.

he ponders it for a moment, as if debating the offer. and then his arms cross in defiance once more. "no. make it baby boy 💋 with a kiss emoji."

"gross," geto twists his face in disgust.

gojo turns to him, face blank and serious as he shoots, "single people should not speak when it's not their turn," before turning back to you. "i'll consider forgiving you if you make it baby boy 💋 with a kiss."

"okay," you sigh, "baby boy it is."

"with a kiss!" he glares.

"with a kiss," you assure, rolling your eyes.

"can i also get a kiss?" he asks hopefully, eyes wide and bright and earnest enough to warm your heart.

you smile, chuckling at the way he looks so cute, at the way he melts your heart and makes you forget you have physics homework for a moment—but only for a moment because then you mumble, "no. now do your homework."