chapter 49 :*

Calling Minho 💚💚...

I sigh as yet another call doesn't go through. It's been ten minutes since I arrived at the street Minho told me to meet, and he's supposed to be here already.

He wouldn't think of ditching our date AGAIN, right?

~flashback~

Minho didn't come to school the day after Yeona visited him at the hospital, but this time they all knew it was for a good reason. He needed rest.

As for Yeona, when she went about her day at school, all she could think of was Minho and how much she missed him. She hoped he was okay. She couldn't wait for him to come back, so that they could perhaps go back to being close friends.

But Yeona didn't have to wait long for that, because it was when she was sitting in her bed scrolling through social media (her productivity thing lasted a total of twenty four hours), when she got a call.

Incoming call from Jisung ❤️...

"Yeah?" She said after picking up the phone.

"Hey, um, Minho said that he wants to say something." Jisung informed her.

Yeona's face lit up at the information, excited at the thought of talking to Minho again.

"....okay?"

"So he asked me to ask you to unblock him."

There was a long pause of silence between the two lines, and when Yeona processed what Jisung had just said, she almost laughed out loud.

"Oh help, I forgot about that. I will, thanks for letting me know."

"No problem, bye!"

Jisung promptly hung up, and Yeona went straight to Minhos profile to unblock him before clicking the call button herself.

"Hey Yeons." came Minho's calm voice from the other line.

"Hey Minho." Yeona echoed with a smile.

"I just wanted to say...thank you for giving me a second chance."

Yeona's smile grew even more at the show of gratitude, a sign that everything between them would be okay.

"Of course."

"And, I'm sorry again."

"No more saying sorry." Yeona sighed in exasperation, "I forgive you."

Silence filled the line, but Yeoona could feel the way Minho was also smiling through the phone.

"I'm so happy you're my friend."

"Me too."

"Are you busy right now?"

"Nope."

And that was how what was supposed to be a brief heartfelt exchange transformed into a four hour long conversation filled with smiles, laughs, and the occasional shouting. Everything about the phone-call felt like something you would expect between Yeona and Minho, and it was as if nothing had changed at all.

"It's your birthday tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, it is! I'm finally turning eighteen like the rest of you." Yeona said enthusiastically.

(a/n: 18 means 17)

For Yeona, her birthday was a quiet event she loved spending with the people close to her, to celebrate another year of growth. Presents and such were not too important to her, although she loved giving them to other people.